The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirate costume ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,014 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
i typically wear a flannel or hoodie, jeans and boots, a schott perfecto when cold, not really a pirate costume, i don't own a vest, doo-rag, chaps etc... but whatever floats your boat.

Going for that bad *** gang banger look instead ?

Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 AM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or bull-dyke lesbian....

Old 12-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, no matter what you wear, you're going to be labeled. Is there a guide to this on the Internet somewhere? If not, there should be. "If you wear _________, then you are (or look like) a _______.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:50 AM
mattkenzie
Road Master

My uncle was a motorcycle riding pirate (sort of). He spent much of the late '80s riding around our Long Island town with a doo-rag, big red beard and a parrot named Pootie sitting on his shoulder. I'm guessing he never got that old Honda Shadow going fast enough out there in the suburbs to actually lose the bird. Funny, thinking back on it...... he always had a trail of birdshit running down his back.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:19 AM
cdculbertson
Tourer

Originally Posted by Old Sorrel
So, no matter what you wear, you're going to be labeled.
Based upon my eperience in hanging around various HD forums, yes.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cdculbertson
Based upon my eperience in hanging around various HD forums, yes.
Well then, I guess I'd rather be a pirate over a power ranger, or a bull dyke, or a gang banger. LOL.

Seriously though, I wear a "doo rag" because I like that extra sweat layer between my hair and my helmet. It also allows my helmet to fit better. I also have a pair of fingerless gloves, but I rarely wear them. I do wear them when it's just a little chilly but still too warm to wear the full gloves. A lot of the people I ride with wear them all of the time when riding. I don't have a leather vest or assless pants/chaps, but again, most of the people I ride with do. My non-Harley harness boots and Harley wallet with chain were both gifts from my GF, so yeah I wear those and they are functional as well. I have a long goatee and long hair and have never been mistaken for yuppie. So whatever, call me a pirate if ye want, arrrrragh. I've been called much worse.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:16 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Al47
What am I missing here? LOL
That's the point of view coming mainly from sport bikers dressed up like day-glo wannabe motorcycle racers and BMW guys in head to toe leather, color coordinated with their bike. To a guy in a $1,000 lime green and orange leather suit with a space helmet on, I guess a leather vest and jeans and a doo rag or something else to cover your head does look pretty swashbuckling, huh? It's like a guy in a skirt making fun of you for wearing pants - how serious can you take it?

Old 12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,014 Likes on 17,913 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
That's the point of view coming mainly from sport bikers dressed up like day-glo wannabe motorcycle racers and BMW guys in head to toe leather, color coordinated with their bike. To a guy in a $1,000 lime green and orange leather suit with a space helmet on, I guess a leather vest and jeans and a doo rag or something else to cover your head does look pretty swashbuckling, huh? It's like a guy in a skirt making fun of you for wearing pants - how serious can you take it?

Some of the Scotsman I know around here would wear you out over that one LOL !!

Old 12-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He said skirts, not kilts.....he was basically comparing the day-glo crotchetiers to someone who'd put on a kilt with a pair of frilly pink panties underneath. Which is about right.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:11 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Gruamach
He said skirts, not kilts.....he was basically comparing the day-glo crotchetiers to someone who'd put on a kilt with a pair of frilly pink panties underneath. Which is about right.
WTF... thats not sumthin I would like to witness!!

Quick Reply: Pirate costume ?