The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camera shoot out: Police vs. Club member

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM
CATchaser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too funny! A few years ago, the Hells Angles held a big meet in Missoula, MT. The local cops caught wind and panicked. Virtually every officer was on duty the whole time they were in town. Not a bit of trouble from any of the club members and they made quite a few friends during their visit. A few local asshats had too much to drink and were arrested (which is normal). The local businesses enjoyed the boost to their economy and the club was welcomed to come back anytime!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:11 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

See, that's what I am talking about. When there is a "Run", it's always the local douches that cause trouble. But because there were some patches in town, it makes the news.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Biggest gang out there, the blue one.

Riders/ bikers need to get involved in their local ABATE and COIR chapters. Strength in numbers people.
Originally Posted by will2002
Both statements are sooooo dammet true!
Naturally I don't agree with you guys on the cop bashing BS but I'm used to seeing it from both of you. Every occupation has a-holes and idiots but that doesn't mean everyone doing that particular job is corrupt or stupid. You guys should really open your minds.

I do agree with joining ABATE to change things legally and to protect OUR rights as riders, I also do my part to educate fellow officers.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
This was a partial clip from a US Defenders rights protest held in Oregon. Here's a link to an article: http://www.salem-news.com/articles/a...-rights-tk.php The full video is on this site. We've been seeing an increase in the profiling/harassment/whatever in many areas recently. This isn't just the 1%er/outlaw clubs getting pulled over without cause, but is happening to vet clubs, Christian clubs, and even riding clubs. Wear a patch and you're a target. Collin County, Texas gang task force pulled one of my brothers over. Wanted him to remove his cut, show tats, and "pose" for pics so he could be entered into the gang database. We had several cop cars keeping an eye on us at a sports bar in the DFW area when we met for eats the evening before our annual meeting. Kinda funny; guess we're on "the list". I reckon some gooberheaded gang task force idiot has determined that "Vets Supporting Vets" is code for overthrowing the gooberment. Couple other places in Texas going overboard are the city of Plano, and a task force in Orange County. Shreveport, LA, and a few other LA areas have seen some harassment, too. On the plus side, there are areas in Texas where law enforcement has told us we're welcome any time. And the Defenders organization is getting stronger; think we're in about 36 states now. Stuff goes around - used to get harassed by cop organizations in South Carolina back in the 1970s. They tended to get away with a little more back then. Now when they get too rambunctious they generally find themselves on the end of a lawsuit.

I posted the direct linke in another thread. I thought the snippet of the camera show down was funny. The parking was full of several clubs including occupation type clubs namely a firefighters club. The particular officer is later shown getting into it with a club member about being video taped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Auy7YjqDvM&NR=1

Old 05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

One other thing I saw that made me smile was a club member has a "HONDA" sticker on his street glide on the gas tank.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
txhdguy
Cruiser

That just goesto show you the stigma atached to our passion. I thaink that is complete crap.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It's all well and good to talk of 'rights and lawyers'

but when you get pulled over at 0400 and no one is around, it just doesn't pay to start yapping off about your rights. Except for the 1% (of cops) I haven't met one yet that was an assh&le to me. Talk to them like you want to be talked to and 9 out of 10 will treat you the same. Attitude will get you the same in return every time. Some of the folks here sound like they just hate cops so it doesn't matter what the reason, the outcome is the same. A bad experience.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:13 AM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That Leo was probably doing what his commanding officer had ordered him to do.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:29 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you may recall the videotaping, helicopters and such reported here in Mohave County, AZ last year. Forced "bike night" to move from a local restaurant to a Sonic.

I kept wondering if we were going to get the pull over treatment but never did. I do not wear a vest, never have time for bike night and in general not at "events." Still, reading about the amount of pressure and LE agencies involved I wondered why all the $$ spent on this joint police project. End of summer the paper announced there was a 1% club bust for narcotics, about 10 members and that was the cause of all the surveillance.

I wonder to this day if that was the true cause. I support our LEO's and in general have never had a problem. Have family back in Indiana that work for various departments. It just bugs me even today at the amount of video taping, multiple departments and man-hours they put into tracking "bikers" last summer.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:22 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
You guys should really open your minds.
My eyes opened wide as soon as I put on my patch. That's when the profiling and harassment began.

Because of that I encourage everyone to get involved with ABATE and COIR. Or the COC if you're a PHer. Things need to change for the better.

Ignorance is not an excuse from anyone when it comes to biker's rights.

Quick Reply: Camera shoot out: Police vs. Club member