The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camera shoot out: Police vs. Club member

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

This was a partial clip from a US Defenders rights protest held in Oregon. Here's a link to an article: http://www.salem-news.com/articles/a...-rights-tk.php The full video is on this site. We've been seeing an increase in the profiling/harassment/whatever in many areas recently. This isn't just the 1%er/outlaw clubs getting pulled over without cause, but is happening to vet clubs, Christian clubs, and even riding clubs. Wear a patch and you're a target. Collin County, Texas gang task force pulled one of my brothers over. Wanted him to remove his cut, show tats, and "pose" for pics so he could be entered into the gang database. We had several cop cars keeping an eye on us at a sports bar in the DFW area when we met for eats the evening before our annual meeting. Kinda funny; guess we're on "the list". I reckon some gooberheaded gang task force idiot has determined that "Vets Supporting Vets" is code for overthrowing the gooberment. Couple other places in Texas going overboard are the city of Plano, and a task force in Orange County. Shreveport, LA, and a few other LA areas have seen some harassment, too. On the plus side, there are areas in Texas where law enforcement has told us we're welcome any time. And the Defenders organization is getting stronger; think we're in about 36 states now. Stuff goes around - used to get harassed by cop organizations in South Carolina back in the 1970s. They tended to get away with a little more back then. Now when they get too rambunctious they generally find themselves on the end of a lawsuit.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:17 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

good stuff

Old 05-01-2010, 07:21 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Biggest gang out there, the blue one.

Riders/ bikers need to get involved in their local ABATE and COIR chapters. Strength in numbers people.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
I know a group of guys that put together a small MC. Most of them are LEOs or INS and such. They were all pulled over while out on a group ride and PROFILED. The cops doing the profiling were surprised when they started whipping out badges. There were a lot of words flying during that stop. I was surprised a law suit didn't follow. Just goes to show don't judge a book by it's cover.
Similar deal happened to me and some of my partners. We were passing through a small city and immedialtely were tailed by a marked unit. We stopped for some drugs (allergy medicine) and the marked car pulled off only to be replaced by an unmarked detectives ride. When we left the pharmacy he followed us through the city to the limits where we were picked up by a marked Sherriffs car. He followed us for another five miles and eventually did a u-turn on the highway.

We didn't get jacked but they did keep an eye on us. I almost stopped to explain to them that not everyone that wears a patch is a criminal but that can be risky, even for a cop.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:12 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Lawmen, Vets, Christians, anyone that sports "colors" that resemble 1%s, WTF !!! Several thoughts come to mind but they've all been beat to death in these forums...Hmmm...

Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Campingout
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had to face them down once. Early '80s, South Eastern New Mexico. No patch, no cut, short hair, no beard, not even any motorcycle clothes at all, and had a professional job.
I was pulled over on the bike with a passenger on the back.
He took my license and my passenger's and took down our names and data.

Me: Why did you pull me over?
Donut hole: I'm pulling over all the bikers in the town and county and making a biker list.
Me: You mean the only reason you pulled me over is because I'm riding a motorcycle?
Donut hole: Yes, I'm making a biker list.
Me: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Called an attorney that day and discussed my options. Followed his advice.
Called the county attorney and explained what happened, and that I had a witness. Told her I had discussed the matter with my attorney, and gave her his name. Told her that this should go no further, but that if it does, and it affects my job or safety or good reputation, I would have no choice but to sue. She said OK, we'll get that taken care of, do you want a letter of response? I said not at this time, but if anything else happens, I'll need one for my attorney.

So the donut hole apparently got contacted about it and instead of cooling it, he starts asking around town about me, at the bike shops, etc. So I called the county attorney again and told her that, yes in fact because of the cops behavior, I do need a letter of response stating the solution to this for my attorney.

She sent me a very professional letter stating that there is not, nor would there be any "biker list", and I should not be bothered again, and if I was, to contact her immediately.

I wasn't bothered again.

Last edited by Campingout; 05-01-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's gettin much, much worse, isn't it?

I got pulled over last summer and received the most ridiculous treatment I've ever seen. Cop that stopped me was immediately on offense, and when backup showed up they roughed me up pretty good. Even got threatened with a tazer.

No patch, no cut...just jeans and a t-shirt. Oh, and a beard.

Everyone's the enemy.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:15 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic

Riders/ bikers need to get involved in their local ABATE and COIR chapters. Strength in numbers people.
Both statements are sooooo dammet true!

Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Campingout
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic

Gangs all over the nation are offended. Hahaha.

Yep, join a motorcycle rights organization. ABATE, AMA, MRF, etc.

I remember when we made them take the word "motorcycle" out of a major federal gang law that was going through legislation. And they did it because of our strength in numbers.

Last edited by Campingout; 05-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't had a problem with unfair treatment since 2003. That problem was addressed with lawyers,press, and voter turnout. The dirty dogs that pulled their crap got away with it because it was orders but the politician that ordered it lost his election. Between publicity and lack of tourist dollars things did change.

Quick Reply: Camera shoot out: Police vs. Club member