The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if It says DOT you look absurd!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:58 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

"if It says DOT you look absurd!"

Back at ya

Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 793 Likes on 386 Posts

I have an RDX half and it's not that bad. I can't see it while I'm riding so it don't bother me none. Like when my wife talks about my thinning hair on top of my head. I tell her..."I hope it don't bother you cuz I can't even see it". lol

Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That Skid lid looks pretty good i'll have to try one and see

Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just look at it this way, I look funny with or without a helmet. It keeps me humble and prevents me from wasting energy on things I cannot control such as the mushroom effect DOT helmets have no matter what some people may claim about this or that model.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:37 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried on a skid lid at a rally last year. Thought they looked a little smaller and not as mushroomy. I tried on a couple of sizes and it did not fit well. You get what you pay for.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

I kissed a Dodge Ram pickup doing 45mph that turned left in front of me. I had a Harley 3/4 on. I got a class three concussion and still fractured my skull. I don't remember the wreck, ambulance ride, or 5 hours of the six hours I was at the Med.

I do remember the doctor telling me if the crack had gone 1/8" farther inward I would have been DOA.

I don't give a flying frack what people think I look like in a "DOT" helmet. I think it's hilarious a person thinks of a helmet as a fashion statement instead of how much protection if can provide.

I ride with a Harley modular full face.

Maybe you can talk to Gucci. I sure they could come up with something

Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I think helmet laws suck. That said, I wear a DOT helmet because it's the law, and I don't need the ticket. I couldn't care less what anybody thinks I look like wearing it. I'm not so insecure that I'm worried some other biker thinks I've got a mushroom looking helmet. And since I can't see my head while I'm riding, who else matters?

Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
dcobra23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dont give a hoot who or what people think. When I'm on my Harley nothing matters to me especially who thinks I look funny. I like me no matter what so screw everyone else!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well i think it's getting lost on folks that i am wearing a DOT helmet. as for people talking about not caring what it looks like etc... i believe people are being disingenuous here. you don't care at all about looks and believe that's superficial yet you ride a 20 K bike, chromed out, with 5 K in worthless mods which do nothing but change the look of your bike???

if you only cared about function you would all be wearing metric CE armored jackets and full face helmets. so let's stop pretending no one cares about looks. we would all wear sweatpants and sweatshirts all day long if people honestly didn't care about their appearance.

as humans we develop our likes and dislikes, we always choose a balance between form and function, we enjoy visual aspects of people and things, it's our nature. nothing superficial about not wanting to look like a ***** head or astronaut riding down the block. it would be nice if someone could meld form and function when it comes to bike helmets.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:09 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Just wrap U rear riders kn*@#ckers around U and U'll be fine...

Quick Reply: if It says DOT you look absurd!