The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the hate for riding clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why the hate for riding clubs?

I don't understand why guys are hating on riding groups. I relish on any excuse to fire up my bike. Truth be known most people i know that have bike, spend more time talking about riding than actually riding. I don't belong to any club or group but wonder are they really that bad. I mean if I join one just so I can ride more is that bad. Are the guys in these groups really as snobby as I hear? What's the problem with these groups? It just seems that the guys here are always bashing them. I'm not trying to start an arguement, just curious, thats all.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why even worry what others think...ride the way you want to

Old 04-24-2010, 06:28 PM
XsjadoNightster
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will always be haters and you just gotta ignor them. If joining a club/group is your thing then do it. In my opinion clubs and groups are not a bad thing. I would try and join one myself but over the last few years ive discovered that i like to ride alone.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:38 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

I just want to ride more. It's funny cuz I ride almost every day any way. But i want get togther with frinds sometime. Unfortuantly most of my frieds aren't really into bikes.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

It's usually the rules that some groups have for example , All riders MUST put a foot down when stopping at a stop sign when on a group sponsored ride. Or Absolutely no alcohol consumption of any kind will be tolerated on a group sponsored ride. For me if I want a beer and a burger for lunch I will have it and if that will get me thrown out of the group I am better off not joining in the first place. Bike riding groups are for me an oxymoron.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:43 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

Yeah that sux. I'm having a Guiness right now, I'd hate for someone to tell me I can't.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:44 PM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my freedom. Never been one to follow rules, and I really don't want to pay someone to tell me what to do.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:50 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

I'm on the fence about H.O.G. I went to the dealer today for the local bike show and none of the vests even said hello. I parked right next to one and said hi and nothing. I guess the weather had people dogged. It was raing on me the whole way there and back, but come on. I just want to ride more with other people. Both my ridin' bros have kids and really can't get time very often, so I fly solo most of the time.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
OTTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding club

I belong to a riding club V-TWINCRUISERS and we dont have all those rules. and last time I check I dint give any orders . Its more about making new friends and having fellow riders to ride with . It is safer in numbers when it comes to cars. they tend to see you if you have a group of bikes . also i can make a phone call and probley fine someone who wants to take a ride . well thats my opinion . have fun.

Attached Thumbnails Why the hate for riding clubs?-club-logo-3.jpg  
Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

Yeah I think we are on the same page. I'm not trying to be cool. I just want yo meet more people who like bikes.

Quick Reply: Why the hate for riding clubs?