The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the hate for riding clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Paul J
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TV affects peoples opinions too much. Clubs are everywhere. That being said, the best clubs come from being with best friends.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:51 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP.I like to ride alone most of the time but ride with friends sometimes also. I joined the Southern Cruisers, they are non profit, no fees and free to join. They meet once a month, go if you want to, stay home if you want, it's up to you. They ride every weekend and you ride with them when you want. It is just a bunch of guys and girls that like to ride. We do benefits for charity among some other things.

Southern Cruisers is a RIDING CLUB not an MC. there is a big difference, nobody tells you what you have to do. you can check them out.

http://www.scrcnational.com/index.asp

Old 04-25-2010, 05:25 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry...hair trigger post.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:18 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Liz you need to pay a visit to the Fla Crew, you will fit right in hehe.

I think it all revolves around rules, think a lot of us are former military, although we enjoyed our time there and realize rules are necessary sometimes, it builds an instinct against rules and being restricted or told what to do in any way. I hate standing lines also.

Then there are some of us who work in large corporations that are very much like the military and ride to clear away the pent up angst of dealing with the corporate world BS.

Then there is the rest of us who just dont like rules and never have, its just constricting, stifling, and overwhelmingly suffocating.

I happen to fall into all the above categories, I say fk em all and fk the world, just ride, leave me alone and get out of my way.

No Rules Just ride
LOL Funny thing my goal is to join you guys!! I am trying to plot my way to FL in the next few years. More likely the west side on the gulf coast. BUT if I pull it off I will join you guys for no rule rides!!

I am of the *** um my ride my way..

Old 04-25-2010, 08:26 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Try the autotrain from lorton, just south of you there in DC, drops you off in Sanford by Orlando. Done this ride myself , a girl I know up there in Fairfax has done it also she liked it. Head up your way a couple times a year on business as well as on my bike, great riding just west of you there.

Last edited by masterblaster; 04-25-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truth be known, I'm trying to get my dad back on a street bike. We ride dirt bikes together already. Next summer i plan on getting my wife a bike of her own. But until then a ride club might be cool.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by SauerKraut
Next summer i plan on getting my wife a bike of her own. But until then a ride club might be cool.
Clubs..... like everything else differ from chapter to chapter, and club to club.
Do an internet search, see what's around in your area, contact the people, and go visit, or better yet, ride with them.

They may or may not be for you.... but unless you actually get out to meet them.... you'll never know.

I've made a lot of friends from across the country via SCRC.... but only because I made the effort....

Old 05-01-2010, 02:22 AM
nvxplorer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no issue with clubs or club members. I just prefer to be independent.