The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Odd Things Have You Hit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
CWO4
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What Odd Things Have You Hit?

Not talking about cagers, deer, bugs (although wild bee antics would probably make a good thread)

Over many years: I ran over a basketball with the rear wheel, ended up almost handstanding but landed ok. Hit a girl's bike when she crossed in front of me, she landed on her feet, I ended up with a hole in my knee and a dented header. Then there was the german sherpard that went for me every day as I was on my way to work. When I was going slow because I just ran out of gas and switched to reserve, the dog ran right into my highway bar and got rolled down the right side. He was ok but he never bothered me again! Someone's scarf flew onto my arm, couple of snakes got run over, a bird or two. Then there was the load of potatoes that fell off a truck...

Last edited by CWO4; 04-23-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

2x4. skunk, clipped a big rig break drum, took a big f'n rock in the knee (broke it ) took a rock in eye . ( broken eye socket ) now i wear a FF helmet. way to much **** to list or want to remember.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
gypsyjon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bee fly up under my FF helmet and sting me behind my ear! Same trip had a bird hit me in the shoulder doing 80mph, it might not have been so bad except I dislocated that same shoulder a couple of days before diving into a pool!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
motocriz
Cruiser

I blew up a bird. Swooped right down in front of me and hit my windshield. MY buddy was riding behind me and saw nothing but bird parts flying in different directions...glad I had the windshield. That would have left a mark.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some little Lemming like critters in Idaho, shot 'em off the rear tire at my bud riding behind me.
A Quail, Gas Cap, Bag of Pop Cans,
Traffic cone tossed back at me when a bud hit it,
Seagull, Skunk/coon/Roadkill,
a couple of times a piece of wood with nails that just loved my rear tire and alot of other Crap, I could go on but after 32 or so year of riding some of the stuff just blends and blurs together.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Hit center divider going 75 but got lucky little damage no injury.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
DanD
Road Captain

got a wasp under my glasses once and it stung my eyelid,damn near closed my eye..hit a small white owl on the metal strip on my windshield about 2 AM in northern Wyoming once,he turned into a big puff of feather and blood.decided that was my cue to stop for the night before i hit something bigger.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Got hit right in the eye by a big squishy bug. I was wearing glasses but I couldn't see at all!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
fxd650
Cruiser

12 inch by 12 inch piece of plywood, came at me like a frisbee, luckily aty the last second it turned sideways and grazed off my left shin, would busted it for sure if it didnt change its direction...

Old 04-23-2010, 09:54 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hit a flying turtle. Yes ... I said turtle! I guess it was crossing the road, and the car in front on me hit it, and there was flying turtle parts everywhere. It sprayed me and my bike. I just remember thinking to myself, "Don't lick your lips!"

Quick Reply: What Odd Things Have You Hit?