The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Odd Things Have You Hit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Years back after I first started riding on the street I hit a turkey (feathers every where) damn near knocked me off of the bike and probably would of if I had been on a cruiser but that time I think the crotch rocket saved me.
I hit a piglet on an old CB900 that I had. I had a opossum ran across the road right at me and thought I had missed it, but some how it ran right into the rear wheel on my VTX it was messy all tangled up in the spokes and chain, blood and guts every where.
BUT it all started way back on a dirt bike trying to herd a couple heffers to the barn, hit one of them with the old XR100, fell over onto the electric fence, talk about lighting your *** up.
LMFAO. I know what an electric fence feels like.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadShark
I center punched an opossum saturday night while riding in the pack...........funny funny
lmfao!!!

We ran over an already dead dog on the freeway a couple weeks ago.. lmao

ATC/QUAD seat flew out of the bed fo the truck in front of me, hit my left leg. Locked up rear wheel doing 75 and almost dumped it. I-17 north

Hit a couple birds, one in town the other on the freeway.

bunch of other stuff on the road, old semi tire treads, rocks, road garbage, rope, tie downs and almost hit ladder in the freeway. I-10 is packed full of fun time.

retread semi tire recaps are the big thing in the summer here in AZ when it's 110 out.. it's like playing Frogger

Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
RoadShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was sitting a tight 2nd wheel behind my prez and the opossum stopped as he and our guy next to him passed then tried to dart passed me.............didn't make it

Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit a bumblebee, or it hit me, right in the eye. I was allergic to them, and both my eyes swelled shut. Have had many large rocks hit me over the decades, so I will not ride without a shield on my helmet.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM
JWitz
Tourer

I had a bat dive down into my headlight one night.....luckily he missed the light and the bottom of the windshield so no damage was done.....

Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 PM
CWO4
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got some "odd" answers! My vote goes with the turtle.

Off topic, but any I95 riders ever notice how much chit is on the S. Carolina section? Looks like they save $$ by cleaning up once a year no matter how much accumulates. Probably a good thing I'm taking it easy there due to the debris, they have more radar, too. (No offense to any SC folks, just an observation seen repeatedly over many years)

Old 04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
grumpygy
Tourer

I win

2 deer so far one tried to jump but we connected head to head and shoulder to shoulder. One I almost got by but knee hit her rump put the leg on top of the saddle bag. Neither time did I go down.

Close calls turkeys a couple of time. Pheasant. Flying Horned Beetle that one cracked a brand new Helmet.

The wining one a Peacock Big male, woke me right up when he spread those tail feathers right in the Middle of my lane.

Forgot the deer that tumbled out the back of a semi after it had raqn over it, went right thru the guts. Next day I could not get close to the Bike cause of all the wasps.

Last edited by grumpygy; 04-28-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Lord_Rahl
Tourer

when i first started riding i had on an armored leather jacket and was riding with my dad and mom beside me on his bike. a bird swooped down hit me in the chest so hard that he punched through the jacket my shirt and my cheast. glad dad keeps a first aid kit in his bag i was bleeding a bunch

Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 423 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Lord_Rahl
when i first started riding i had on an armored leather jacket and was riding with my dad and mom beside me on his bike. a bird swooped down hit me in the chest so hard that he punched through the jacket my shirt and my cheast. glad dad keeps a first aid kit in his bag i was bleeding a bunch
Had a friend with a simular experience with a crow's beak impaled in his chest. He lived to tell about it and glad you did too!

Personally, I've been very lucky especially after reading this thread! Lot's of near misses but no direct hits other than the "odd girlfriends" I tried to qualify earlier.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:19 AM
grumpygy
Tourer

Originally Posted by JWitz
I had a bat dive down into my headlight one night.....luckily he missed the light and the bottom of the windshield so no damage was done.....

Had that Happen a couple of Nights ago, but he somehow got away without hitting me. Was weird watching him twist and turn in my light.

Just tonight on the way home had a Skunk almost hit me. He was in the Ditch next to the road. I had just turned from one road to another and was going slow. Noise of my bike spooked him and I saw the tail coming up. Since I don't stink right now neither does my bike I must have twisted the throttle just in time.

Quick Reply: What Odd Things Have You Hit?