The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A very weird but awesome day yesterday, 20 years later...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 PM
transam7969
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A very weird but awesome day yesterday, 20 years later...

My dad comes home. He's been locked up since I was 5. It really sucked not having a dad around to do all the things little boys grow up wanting and needing to do with their dad. I was always scared/embarrassed to tell anyone where he really was, save for a few good friends. As I got older I got to the point where it wasn't SUCH a big secret but I still didn't tell many, I realized it had nothing to do with me and he is a good man, he just happened to **** up at the wrong place and the wrong time so I missed out on having a dad.
Yesterday was like a dream really. Didn't seem real. I swore I wouldn't cry but lo and behold I couldn't hold back the tears. I haven't cried since my grandpa died in '95.
We packed into my car and drove home, he was tickled as hell to ride in a badass fast car again.
I knew it would be strange for him when he got out but I didn't really think just how strange. Little things we take for granted, like having freakin pockets in your pants. For the last 20 years he's had one pocket, on the front of his shirt. Now he keeps losing stuff because he forgets he has 4 extra pockets in his jeans. Cell phones, computers, hell the internet it like alien technology to him. He's pretty much been in a time capsule since 1990. You can imagine how much **** has changed since then but when you see it change at a slow/regular pace it's not so amazing.
As soon as he can get his license and MSF course **** all squared away he's buying a road king classic. He's been dreaming about a harley since I was little. Probably a lot of the reason I grew up liking them and now owning one. He sat on mine and revved it up and looked like he was about 5 years old just happy as a pig in ****.
We grilled up some big *** steaks, baked potatoes, fresh jalapenos, grilled onions, big ole salad and had the our first family dinner in over 20 years.
It still trips me out. So weird but cool that I can finally get to know my dad in real life and not wearing a white jumpsuit behind ****ing ****** wire.
Anyway just kinda venting and sharing a big event. I still somewhat have that chip on my shoulder of being judged because of my dad but I love him and am happy as **** we can finally have a "normal" family (I say "normal" bc we'll never be normal but closer now than before)
Here's a couple crappy pics.

this one is from my brothers absolute **** cell phone

Last edited by transam7969; 04-21-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 AM
95custmz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a good time. Saw your lower pic. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:51 AM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your Dog. And Congrats on Now being able to spend quality time with your dad. Enjoy the moments, there special. And thanks for being a MAN and shareing.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 AM
scarpetta
Tourer
Default Gratz man

I grew up with ought my old man to so I know where your coming from. Gratz on having your dad back in your life and post up some photos of the first father son ride man!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
CATchaser
Cruiser

Congrats. Lots of great memories to be made in the coming days!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Glad he's finally home!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrat's, enjoy the present and future. Try not to go back to the past. So many things to see and do.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course ... THIS is cause to celebrate life and the time you will now have to spend together as a family. I'm glad to see you have embraced it! Good for you! .. all of you!
I wish you and your family all the best!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Slopneck
Road Master

Congratz, bro! I'm sure you guys will have many years of new memories together going forward!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM
transam7969
Road Master

thanks for the positive replies

Quick Reply: A very weird but awesome day yesterday, 20 years later...