The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pass a bar??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Been there, done that, threw away the shirt years ago. Their is only one I go too, and the smoke kilz me anymore. I catch up with friends and get the hey outa dodge after a brew if the azzwipe of a waitress ever comes around to wait on me. I used to tip rather well until I found that didn't warrant an expedient return by said waitress. The bar tender is equally as attentive.
I get much better beer and service if I don't go to a bar.! (-;

Old 04-20-2010, 01:04 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll occasionally stop by if i see a friends scoot parked out front, & water is usually free folks

i do spend ALOT of my time in bars tho, onstage & makin' money, but can never bring my scoot to gigs, which sucks

Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I go to the Rooster all the time. Great place.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by eisterd
I sure see alot of bikes at bars on the weekends. Seems like everybody is either going to the bar or leaving the bar to go to another bar.
Probably why there are so man fat "bikers".

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior

I dont care for the bar scene anymore. If im on a poker run or something, thats different. But not for alcohol. Bikes and Booze dont mix. I would rather sit with friends on a front porch, back yard or garage.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pass 'em, don't own a bike just park it in front of a bar. Caveat being if they have good food and it's hungry time or the wife has to use the facilities. Me, I just use the local trees.

Omg, don't you chaps in a twist, I don't pee on trees.

I pee on the bushes. Waa-Waa-Waa

Old 04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
murd
Road Warrior

Not so much a "bar" thing, but we like to make the pubs a great afternoon destination. One has a great blues jam on Sunday's. I prefer to crack a few cold ones once I'm back home in the garage.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

I've been a bar fly my whole life. When I'm going for a ride; especialy with friends or two up, there is going to be a tavern stop at the half way point. There are a lot of motorcycle friendy bars in my area where riders pull in, sit around on picnic talbles, drink something cold and then move on. Beer? Noooo. Not in Wisconsin. lol

Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One beverage rule? Yeah that's it, One beverage at a time....

Some of the dive bars have the best food, so no I don't pass 'em all.....

Old 04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, according to the Motor Vehicle Act (Canadian Law) it's perfectly legal and legitimate to drink and drive. They have it written right in the code. When a person first applies for a license they are on probation, so have certain restrictins, like driving late at night and they cannot have any alcohol in their system. However once a person passes their test and gets a full license they may drink and drive as long as their blood alcohol level is not over 0.08.

So to stay within the law. You may have 2 beers the first hour and one beer per hour after that, all day if you like, and you won't pass 0.08.

So ride for a half hour, stop for a beer, ride to the next bar, etc etc. I really like it, you meet all sorts of folks, and have a good time. Plus most of the time you end up riding in large groups with other folks to the next bar. Be careful though, some of those dudes probably have had a few too many. haha.

Quick Reply: Pass a bar??