The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First encounter with inconsiderate Harley riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
Waitaminnit...you're at a "very crowded" joint, and ya take up a full parking space with a single bike?! I think you're kinda confused on who was being inconsiderate here.
You may have a point. It, as I stated earlier, did not appear to be an establishment frequented by bikers and when I pulled into the lot there were no bikes to be seen. Had I given it more thought I probably should have parked to one side, but I had no expectations of other bikes arriving, so I guess I will plead guilty to senility......

Old 04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

i for one dont like people parking next to me... I've had to many people park next to me so close it was hard to get on my bike.. ive had people park so close then try and take a picture of their bike also and back into my bike... NOT a pretty sight

Old 04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by remike
You may have a point. It, as I stated earlier, did not appear to be an establishment frequented by bikers and when I pulled into the lot there were no bikes to be seen. Had I given it more thought I probably should have parked to one side, but I had no expectations of other bikes arriving, so I guess I will plead guilty to senility......
Well, if I pull into a place with no bikes, I don't give it much thought...but, your first post said there were a lotta bikers there...that's what I was going on.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:38 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by SniperCJ
I woulda moved it before letting the valet do it. And if the forks were locked, I woulda moved it around in a big circle! Dats rude.
This is what I'm thinking as well.......... I suppose it's just a Texas thing.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Twincamwog
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not my bike...

Originally Posted by meepers
I have no problem moving someones bike that blocks me in. Have done it a few times. I think I had to do that 3 or 4 times in reno last year. People EVERYWHERE

Thank your lucky stars you aint attempted to move my bike...you'd have no ears due to me chewing them off and no hands to type with due to me cutting them off with a hacksaw...

"Touch my bike...die!"

Old 04-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Then don't block me in. You won't like me when I'm mad either. You wanna be shitforbrains about it, you can't expect to be treated like a King.
If I couldn't find the owner, and had to move your bike, I can guarantee you it would be cared for as well as my own and put back in a better way. But don't think you're gonna block me and beat me too.
Edit: Heck, I just noticed he has 2 posts. Troll.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:44 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Twincamwog
Thank your lucky stars you aint attempted to move my bike...you'd have no ears due to me chewing them off and no hands to type with due to me cutting them off with a hacksaw...

"Touch my bike...die!"
So if you're blocking someone in we'll just call a hook and have 'em lift it outta the way.

I don't nose into someone else's parking space, whether they are only taking up a small portion, or "hogging" it all, unless they're right there and I can ask. I expect the same courtesy in return. Parking so there is a possibility of causing someone else to get blocked is just flat wrong.

'Course, at the local watering holes out here in podunk-land, flying the club's colors usually means I have plenty of room.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
Morons, Jerks, Inconsiderate Asswipes. The many reasons why I avoid crowds.
I personally head to the country, two lane roads, mom and pop places. A friendlier less expensive road to travel.
I couldn't agree with you more. When i ride I am trying to get away from it all not more into it. I don't do crowds or rallys.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
meepers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twincamwog

"Touch my bike...die!"
Heh, yeah.. Not something I would be worried about. Not looking to get into a pissing contest, but basically, if you block someone in, what do you expect?

Parked in reno last year 2 bikes wide all the way back in the spot, 2 bikes parked in front of us in our ALREADY occupied spot. I waited long enough to smoke my cig, and warm up my bike. Bars were not locked so I rolled them forward, we pulled our bikes out, then rolled them back into our spot. No worries at all.

And if by chance you do feel the need to block someone in, and they DO move your bike, you may want to think about how you approach that person you have never met, who rides in a large group, and also just may have a CCW.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I caught a guy moving my bike before. turned out to be areal nice guy with a similar model than mine. Even with the booze, I did not get mad at him. He felt that I wouldn't mind (since he rides too) and he was correct. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotto do!

I'l likely make some effort to find a guy that has me block, but I ain't gonna wait all day til I move it myself. He's gotta expect that if he knows he's blocking me.

Last time it happended with a car blocking me, and an hours wait.
This dude had some pretty little key "art" on the side of his car. He he!

Last edited by Faast Ed; 04-05-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply: First encounter with inconsiderate Harley riders