The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You ever get that feeling that a bike crash is how you will die?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM
NHGunowner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does no good to think about such things. What can't kill you nowadays...

Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Sanders
Advanced

If you're busy worrying about dying, then you aren't living.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
AB60
4th Gear

Everytime we get someone in the ER from a MC accident/collision it flashes in my mind about the risks involved in riding, but it's not a long-standing thought. I drive a 7.20 dragster on the weekends and ride my scoot whenever i get the chance... my days are numbered anyways... but who's aren't? No use in dwelling on a fact that you have no control over, for the most part.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:09 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

sometimes when I'm riding visions of the front wheel sliding out from under me or the engine seizing and putting me into a slide or something else equally devestating flashes through my head.......

these days I have visions of some dumb **** ******* rear ending me..

Old 03-28-2010, 01:04 AM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by honestbob
No, forty five years ago A Gypsy fortune teller saw my death. I will be shot crawling out a of a 19 year old girls bed room window by her husband. I'm 63 now so I guess that means I'll live forever!!!
That's awesome... you never know bob

Old 03-28-2010, 01:09 AM
clicker01
Road Warrior

You can die on a motorcycle? Wow... Hey, life's a bitch and then you die. You're not regretting anything at that point, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, bein' a motorcycle or a stroll. Live now. Death is for the dead.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:53 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spent well over 300 miles on the road today. Did I worry about this stuff when I was haulin *** through the desert? No....this is the stuff you think about when you're not riding.

The solution: ride more, and think less. In the long run, we're all dead. Be here now.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:36 AM
mikeault
Tourer

I was a dumb kid, very mispent youth.
Did two tours in Iraq.
Went through a windshield.
Work 100s of feet in the air with peices of steel on a crane weighing up to 50tons.
Have never had a family member die of anything other than cancer.
...and I ride a motorcycle.

If somethings going to kill me, I'd rather it not be booze, a terrorist, a car accident, or some terminal illness.
Best case scenario, I do die doing something that makes me smile.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 AM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why Worry

When I was a kid my father used to have a den where I had to go when I got into trouble and wait for him to come in and give me my punishment. Sometimes I had to sit and wait until he was ready for me and on those occasions I used to read a wooden sign he had on the wall that was titled "Why Worry", it went something like this:

"There are two things in life to worry about - if you're rich or if you're poor.

If you're rich you have nothing to worry about, but if you're poor you have two things to worry about.

If you're sick, or if you're well. If you're well you have nothing to worry about, but if you're sick - you have two things to worry about.

Will you live, or will you die. If you live you have nothing to worry about. If you die - you have two things to worry about.

Will you go to heaven or go to hell. If you go to heaven you have nothing to worry about, but if you go to hell - you'll be too damn busy shaking hands with all your friends you won't have time to worry."

After forty years I still pretty much remember that, and it still makes sense to me. Why Worry!

Last edited by MATUCHI; 03-28-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 PM
wolfie1961
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Who cares, we're all going to die on December 23, 2012 of global thermonuclear war when Putin honors his agreement with Obummer when he reduces Russia's nuclear arms by sending them our way !!!!!

I'd rather go out on my bike! I watched my father die from emphysema and lung cancer. Going out on two wheels or old age is much more appealing.

Quick Reply: You ever get that feeling that a bike crash is how you will die?