The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You ever get that feeling that a bike crash is how you will die?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No...but I have a feeling I'm gonna have some fun livin' today...

Old 03-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you ride with the constant feeling of impending doom, that could be your subconcious telling you to brush up on your riding skills. But if going out doing something I love means becoming a grease spot on the interstate, I'll see you in the next one (& don't be late) & if I'm a veggie as a result, then pull that plug! There are worse ways to go...

Old 03-18-2010, 04:11 PM
rppolk
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has crossed my mind. My old man is 84 and still riding. He said he would much rather go out on the bike than in a nursing home.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
I worry that something other than a bike crash will take me out. Like a stroke, where I linger for years and bankrupt my wife.

Don't worry...she'll be kicking the plug out of the wall on your ventilator so she can get that new SE RK.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Afraid of dieing on my bike? Hell that's how I want to go. Not that I have any kind of death wish. I want to live a long full life. But when my time is up that's how i want it to end. I got knocked off my bike last year doing 70 mph and walked to the ambulance. I felt damn lucky after that. Scared me a little when I heard the squealing car tires behind me. It just wasn't my time yet. We all are going to die sooner or later. might as well be doing something you really enjoy. It's that or on top of the old lady. I don't think she would like that to much though.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:17 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Never! Ride hard and fast most of the time.Would not be a bad way to leave this earth doing something I truly enjoy!

Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had to worry about something like that while riding, why would I ride. Seems it would take the total enjoyment out of it. If its gonna happen its gonna happen. Why bother letting worrying about it ruin the ride.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:49 PM
TexasCowGrower
Cruiser

Do people who KNIT for stress relief worry about dying with a knitting needle stuck in their carotid artery after missing a difficult stitch??? The only thing I worry about with regard to dying on a motorcycle is whether the wreck will be spectacular enough to dominate discussion topics in coffee shops throughout the county for months! I worry that they will need less than three buckets to carry my body to the morgue! I worry that there will be reusable parts left on my steel yellow horse! I worry that some insecure father will mispronounce my name when invoking the tale of my demise to dissuade his young son from becoming involved with motorcycling. MOST of all I worry that said young son will one day rebel against dad and his neurotic impulses by showing up after school one fine evening on a.....................RICE BURNER!!! :O Worried I might DIE on a motorcycle? PISHAWWW !!!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:20 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I've never worried much about death, and have lived most of my life 'on the edge'....

Live is short so you might as well do what you enjoy, and what happens happens...

As the old saying goes;

"Cotidie Damnatur Qui Semper Timet" Syrus

("The Man Who Is Constantly In fear Is Everyday Condemned).

Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 PM
House
Advanced

No, never considered it. If I was worried each time I threw my leg over the seat, then I'd sell 'er off and move along. Living in fear isn't what i'm after.

I may very well die from a motorcycle accident, or from a heart attack, pneumonia, or a shark attack, who knows. I will die however, so i'm going to make the best of it before the time comes.

Quick Reply: You ever get that feeling that a bike crash is how you will die?