The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kicked over my bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:05 AM
FXDLrider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Kicked over my bike

A couple of my buddies and I decided to go have a drink last night so my pals followed me on my lowrider to local water hole. I'm in central OH so its pretty freakin cold. I've been riding all winter so I'm well prepared, but needless to say finding a bike on the road is like finding a flawless black pearl in a river clam. So anyways my pals and I are drinking some beer and as were looking around the place the ratio was kinda hurting. Like 3 chicks and 20 doods. everybody was looking pretty drunk and testosterone was thick in the air. As a guy walked by me when he was leaving, he looked at me and said "I know you and your mother". Now to give you an idea, I'm about 5'7", 150 lbs. and the smallest guy in the bar but I wasnt going to put up with that kind of talk from somebody Ive never met or said anything to before. I said to him he didnt know my mother and he stopped in his tracks, turning around asking what I said, so I grabbed a bandana that was hanging out of my back pocket that may or may not have had a lock tied to it ready for action and I reiterated that he didnt know my mother with some loud voices exchanged. The bartender stepped in doing his job and kicked the guy out and seperated the two of us but that was my real moment of fear. Because of my obvious wardrobe needed for riding in the freezing weather, my poor defensless harley was left to this drunken brutes mercy. He wasnt merciful. I had immediatly feared that because I decided to not be a coward and stick up for not being walked all over and i was all too right. as the bartender had told me to stay where i was and seperated the man and I, he barred the man outside and he then kicked over Jenny(my new fxdl) and took off down the road. I guess you could say this was a real champion tough guy. not only did he pick a fight with the smallest guy in the place, but when the folks working at the establishment realized he was the one out of line and removed him, He picked on my property and couragously fled the scene. I was tired but all I could do when the barkeep came in and told my my harley was kicked over was to call the police. I feel as though I handled the situation fairly well but at the same time I feel I feel much regret. It's like my harley owns me not the other way and I'm supposed to guard her. damage is very minimal (the handlebar took the full impact and no visible damage to chrome or paint and she appeared to run well. very end of forward brake lever snapped off, rubber grip a little roughed up and front right blinker loosened) its just the principal of it. as soon as it happened some onlookers took it opon themselfs to pick my bike up before I even mad it outside. onlooker guy told me he rides a harley too and shook my hand. Barkeep shook my hand too and told me that bike kicker guy wasnt to return. I'm shaken but not stirred, i just am trying to do the best I can to be a man but I let down my guard in defending my jenny. I am guilty of that. can you believe that guy? oh well. what can ya do

Old 03-04-2010, 09:11 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

okie dokie.......................

Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I thought you were gonna say the, "Dad, you are drunk, go home" joke; but dang

Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Jenny?

You're not Forrest Gump..... are you?

Old 03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frontiercat
I thought you were gonna say the, "Dad, you are drunk, go home" joke; but dang
Heh heh heh......to the OP....you sound young so heres some wisdom for you.....I worked in the bar biz for many years to include "Head of security", "General Manager". One thing I know to be a fact is that no one REALLY wants to fight in a bar....all the testosterone, posturing, and such is just that "posing".....95% of the time, guys only go to blows when they have sized up their opponent and decided they will fare well and even then they dont say to the other guy, "why dont you and I walk out behind this place and handle this....JUST YOU AND ME, NO AUDIENCE!!!! They do it inside the bar because they know it will get stopped and they are relatively safe from being left unconscious and bleeding.....The whole thing is about posturing in front of an audience to feel like a tough guy......No one and I mean "NO ONE"!!! just goes out back to handle it alone....just you and me....Dont get sucked into the "testosterone show"........OR do this....everytime a guy says something stupid when he's drunk at a bar, you can just not say anything and deck him.....Then you can be "King of the Testosterone Douches"

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 03-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Hate to say this dude, but when there is drinking involved people do stupid things. That guy will show up one day, then you have to decide again what you are going to do.
The bike can be repaired.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by carpetride
Jenny?

You're not Forrest Gump..... are you?
That is too funny.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by FXDLrider
A couple of my buddies and I decided to go have a drink last night so my pals followed me on my lowrider to local water hole. I'm in central OH so its pretty freakin cold. I've been riding all winter so I'm well prepared, but needless to say finding a bike on the road is like finding a flawless black pearl in a river clam. So anyways my pals and I are drinking some beer and as were looking around the place the ratio was kinda hurting. Like 3 chicks and 20 doods. everybody was looking pretty drunk and testosterone was thick in the air. As a guy walked by me when he was leaving, he looked at me and said "I know you and your mother". Now to give you an idea, I'm about 5'7", 150 lbs. and the smallest guy in the bar but I wasnt going to put up with that kind of talk from somebody Ive never met or said anything to before. I said to him he didnt know my mother and he stopped in his tracks, turning around asking what I said, so I grabbed a bandana that was hanging out of my back pocket that may or may not have had a lock tied to it ready for action and I reiterated that he didnt know my mother with some loud voices exchanged. The bartender stepped in doing his job and kicked the guy out and seperated the two of us but that was my real moment of fear. Because of my obvious wardrobe needed for riding in the freezing weather, my poor defensless harley was left to this drunken brutes mercy. He wasnt merciful. I had immediatly feared that because I decided to not be a coward and stick up for not being walked all over and i was all too right. as the bartender had told me to stay where i was and seperated the man and I, he barred the man outside and he then kicked over Jenny(my new fxdl) and took off down the road. I guess you could say this was a real champion tough guy. not only did he pick a fight with the smallest guy in the place, but when the folks working at the establishment realized he was the one out of line and removed him, He picked on my property and couragously fled the scene. I was tired but all I could do when the barkeep came in and told my my harley was kicked over was to call the police. I feel as though I handled the situation fairly well but at the same time I feel I feel much regret. It's like my harley owns me not the other way and I'm supposed to guard her. damage is very minimal (the handlebar took the full impact and no visible damage to chrome or paint and she appeared to run well. very end of forward brake lever snapped off, rubber grip a little roughed up and front right blinker loosened) its just the principal of it. as soon as it happened some onlookers took it opon themselfs to pick my bike up before I even mad it outside. onlooker guy told me he rides a harley too and shook my hand. Barkeep shook my hand too and told me that bike kicker guy wasnt to return. I'm shaken but not stirred, i just am trying to do the best I can to be a man but I let down my guard in defending my jenny. I am guilty of that. can you believe that guy? oh well. what can ya do
just so ya know that could be construed as an admission of possesion of a weapon with intent to cause harm. jus sayin is al

Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 AM
remike
Road Master

Can anyone spell paragraph?????

Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting tale. Could've ended in a shotgun blast through the bar window, or he could've waited for you outside, or the LEO could've cuffed you for pullin' a concealed weapon (or worse, a gang-related offense). Your choices in life included drivin' a Harley to a bar, parkin' the Harley conspicuously, wearin' clothes that told everyone you were the guy on the Harley, showin' your temper, pullin' a weapon, and stickin' around a waterin' hole during a testosterone tsunami.

C'mon! Your first hint of trouble was a 20:3 ratio! By the time you get to one of them three, they're all sweaty and their makeup is smeared. You HAVE to be drunk to stay there!

Anyway, did you ask your Mom who he was?

Quick Reply: Kicked over my bike