The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fingerless gloves.... I gotta ask

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
swampfox_csa
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fingerless gloves.... I gotta ask

My gf bought me a pair for Christmas and I exchanged them to help pay for new highway pegs... I just didn't like the feel of them and couldn't figure how they'd help beyond being able to wear them while doing up my lid. Now I have seen them come up in a couple of threads as items to poke fun at. So what's the deal on that?

Old 02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
The Shute
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by swampfox_csa
My gf bought me a pair for Christmas and I exchanged them to help pay for new highway pegs... I just didn't like the feel of them and couldn't figure how they'd help beyond being able to wear them while doing up my lid. Now I have seen them come up in a couple of threads as items to poke fun at. So what's the deal on that?
C'mon swampfox are you really trying to entice all the "biker fashion police" again?!?! Please let sleeping dogs lie.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I think the senate passed passed some law that makes it a felony to start a fingerless glove thread here. Don't know if it's gone into effect yet or not.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I needed a good show on this fake holiday. This will do.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Just as a side note...There may be a way to get around it. I know that you can bypass the assless chaps law by referring to them as crotchless instead.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:46 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by swampfox_csa
swanpfox, whiel i cant answer for every one here i will give my reasons for wearign them.

-i smoke and normal gloves make that a challenge
-i also do all my own repairs and maintenence and it helps on the side of the road to be able to feel for things that a normal glove wouldnt allow * read my tool bag has tools in it not a chell phone and some condoms ok there migth be a few of them i nthere too but no cell phone LOL*
-i like have the abiltty to feel and use my fingers while keeping my hands warm
-in normal gloves i wear a XXXL which is very hard to find around here if not impossible, but in fingerless gloves i can get away with a XXL which is easier to find. on cheap fingerless gloves i find if they get wet the material between my thumb and index finger blows out if i open my hand fully on the XXL though

those are my biggest reasons or fingerless gloves for me its not about fashion its function.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

It makes it easier to pick my nose while riding (lol)

Old 02-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with oil, loud pipes, and opinions on which Harley family is the best, there are LOT's of opinions. Some prefer the fingerless gloves for similar reasons that you mention. Being able to fasten the helmet and have a better feel for the controls, etc.

For me, I wear gloves for the protection factor. I've seen guys that have gone down with fingerless gloves, or worse, no gloves and it wasn't pretty. I've lost skin on my arms and it's a PITA but because of my "full" gloves, my hands were untouched. Think about it, is there anything you do on a day to day basis that you "do not" use your hands? There's not much. Now try doing those things with your hands and fingers wrapped in gauze and bandages, especially things like going to the bathroom? Loosing a bunch of skin off your arms is an inconvenience but as long as your hands are still in tact, you're functional for all the little life details that we take for granted every day.

It's not my intent here to knock those who like and routinely wear fingerless gloves. To each their own, but I'll stick with full gloves every time for the reasons stated above!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:52 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by walkerinin
It makes it easier to pick my nose while riding (lol)
d oyou use the over or under method when flicking the nasel leakage at cagers? i prefer the over method my self

Old 02-14-2010, 01:55 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
swanpfox, whiel i cant answer for every one here i will give my reasons for wearign them.

-i smoke and normal gloves make that a challenge
-i also do all my own repairs and maintenence and it helps on the side of the road to be able to feel for things that a normal glove wouldnt allow * read my tool bag has tools in it not a chell phone and some condoms ok there migth be a few of them i nthere too but no cell phone LOL*
-i like have the abiltty to feel and use my fingers while keeping my hands warm
-in normal gloves i wear a XXXL which is very hard to find around here if not impossible, but in fingerless gloves i can get away with a XXL which is easier to find. on cheap fingerless gloves i find if they get wet the material between my thumb and index finger blows out if i open my hand fully on the XXL though

those are my biggest reasons or fingerless gloves for me its not about fashion its function.
NSC you just like pointing out the size of your gloves.. Trying to make the other boys jealous.. The real question is what size BOOTS do you wear?

Ok back to the fingerless glove debate.

Quick Reply: Fingerless gloves.... I gotta ask