The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fingerless gloves.... I gotta ask

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 04:26 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

They allow me to text on my iphone, smoke and drink whisky while I ride.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I wore them, right up until i got to thinking about sliding down the road and the first thing you do out of instinct is to put your hands down..i wear full leather gloves now, they may have the black netting on the back of my hands, but the palms are full leather.
I personally dont care what people think of me going down the road, i wear what i wear for reasons of my own. half the people here making fun of the fingerless gloves and chaps wear them, personally i dont like the full leather pants, they look MUCH more gay than the chaps as well...think about it, you look like the singer from Judas Priest and he was gay as a 3 dollar bill, your only Chians and spikes away from full fledged gayness.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:51 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
I wore them, right up until i got to thinking about sliding down the road and the first thing you do out of instinct is to put your hands down..i wear full leather gloves now, they may have the black netting on the back of my hands, but the palms are full leather.
I personally dont care what people think of me going down the road, i wear what i wear for reasons of my own. half the people here making fun of the fingerless gloves and chaps wear them, personally i dont like the full leather pants, they look MUCH more gay than the chaps as well...think about it, you look like the singer from Judas Priest and he was gay as a 3 dollar bill, your only Chians and spikes away from full fledged gayness.
Vented textile overpants are the way to go for comfort and abrasion&impact protection, plus they don't make you look like a gay creep. The nice thing is you can zip them over pants next to your bike without taking off your boots as they have full length zippers in the legs in about 20 seconds. In cold weather/rain they have a zip in insulation/waterproof liner. In really hot weather I just wear shorts under them and with the vents they are cooler than jeans and a hell of a lot more protective.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/men...rglidepant.htm

Last edited by fat_tony; 02-14-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 355 Likes on 76 Posts

And here I thought fingerless gloves were to make it easier to put on assless chaps. Who knew!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 342 Likes on 210 Posts

My buds down in North Florida wear fingerless gloves, shorts, tennis shoes, whatever the f**k they want. To each his own, but you will never catch me in shorts!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:43 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,563 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
Vented textile overpants are the way to go for comfort and abrasion&impact protection, plus they don't make you look like a gay creep. The nice thing is you can zip them over pants next to your bike without taking off your boots as they have full length zippers in the legs in about 20 seconds. In cold weather/rain they have a zip in insulation/waterproof liner. In really hot weather I just wear shorts under them and with the vents they are cooler than jeans and a hell of a lot more protective.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/men...rglidepant.htm
Dude looks like a young J.Peterman on Seinfeld

Old 02-14-2010, 09:28 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God, I can't wait till Spring...

Old 02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a pair I used during the summer in Vegas and Phoenix, been gathering dust somewhere in the garage since I've been in Oregon. Now I've got big ol' gloves and even use some liners when it gets below 30. Even vented full gloves are too damn hot when it's 100+ out. Never gave a damn what anyone else thought.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

So these are supposed to look "not gay"?

If you say so.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't know about you but I wear gloves to keep my hand warm so I don't see the point of fingerless gloves.

Quick Reply: Fingerless gloves.... I gotta ask