The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Park episode about Harley riders. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:34 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Lets fight about the Simpsons next!!!!!
The power of animation, it is because of the Simpson's another word was entered into the Dictionary.

D'oh

Main Entry: d'oh
Variant(s): or doh \ˈdō\
Function: interjection
Date: 1993
—used to express sudden recognition of a foolish blunder or an ironic turn of events.

What scares me is when Marge was featured in Playboy.

To me the main message was that the meaning of a word can change over time.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
badmotorscooter
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed
hey man i think you're over reacting. i used to smoke. smoked for a long goddamned time. i quit 5 years ago. i kinda know what i'm talking about here...

cigarettes smoke irritates other peoples throats. i'm sorry but its true.

you can't smell half of whats going on around you because you inhale fine particulates 20+ times per day. thats your choice.. no problem. but its kinda insulting when you act like everyone is all worried about what you do. you've acclimated to smoke so it doesn't bother you. those of us who don't smoke get all choked up because smoke naturally irritates air passages.

if you ever quit you'll certainly understand. for now, just take my word for it. nobody gives a **** about you. stink-*** cigarettes are annoying. its a side-effect of having a disgusting habit. if you chose to wear **** on your forehead you'd have to accept the fact that people aren't going to want to be around you. no need to make a judgement-call against those people.
Glad to hear that you quit man. I been trying for a while so I know how hard it is. As far as my comment is concerned, Im talking about the the people who do the fake little cough just to show you that the dont like the fact that you smoke. I live in Illinois, where you can no longer smoke in a public place, so we have to smoke outside even at the bar. People will actually come out to the sign designated smoking area and complain that there are people there smoking. They do the little cuh cuh cuh thats fake as hell then say it smells like smoke out here. REALLY? Are they that stupid? Its the stupidity that really pisses me off more than anything.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

I think South Park is hilarious to begin with and poking fun at the ridiculousness of 1% wantabes and was long overdue.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chibamonkey
+1 Amen to that......named my yellow labs Butters and Tweek. Buddy named his chocolate labs Chef and Token. People who understand just laugh when they hunt with us. All others don't get it.
Great names for doggies .... I'd crack up every time I called em' ....

Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by DestroyerOfWorlds
really though, to anyone who did feel offended by that, is it really any worse than being typecast as a bunch of sociopaths that run around dealing guns to gangs, pushing meth, killing people at will and raping women?
1%ers typecast? Do you watch the news? Motorcycle gangs have replaced the Mafia wrt organized crime in North America and the FBI acknowledges they are now the biggest distributors of illegal drugs, responsible for a large number of contract killings, extortion, money laundering and some clubs liek the Banditos and Hell's Angels engage in open warfare with other competing gangs over turf that has involved drive by shootings, bombings and killed innocent bystanders.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Southpark, to me has seem to become to some segments of our society the latest incarnation of the Lewis Caroll classic "Alice Through the Looking Glass." Some people want to put entirely way to much into what is pure fantasy. Yes,Southpark has had it's moments that were really funny like the episode that exploited how many times the word "****" could be said on television in 30 minutes. It amounted to 173 times.That was hilairious. And social humor does have a very significant place in todays times.But as for this post reguarding the relevance of a cartoon towards the way people see some motorcyclists is totally beyond my BLUBBLUBBLUBBLUB,VAROOMVAROOM.
Thank you.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM
ebigfish
Road Captain

This could mean the end of the world

of warcraft.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And the Simpson's make it to the dictionary with D'oh...

No wonder when I went to the parts store last year, I couldn't find a Chamois...

But they sure as hell had a Shammy...

God help us...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 PM
roewarrior
Cruiser

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
And the Simpson's make it to the dictionary with D'oh...

No wonder when I went to the parts store last year, I couldn't find a Chamois...

But they sure as hell had a Shammy...

God help us...
Just a shammy, not a.........ShamWOW!!!!! ?

Old 02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
doghair
Road Warrior

I hadn't seen it before but this thread pushed me to stream it on the net last night. All I can say is when the part came on with them saying they weren't loud enough and rode down the street with tubas, chainsaws and drums, I was laughing so hard cat and dog ran away.

Oh mercy ...

Quick Reply: South Park episode about Harley riders. Opinions?