The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Motorcycle Vest W/"HOLSTER"

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Electra Mule
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY APOLOGIES TO CAPT ITCH!!! Please Note... MY Angry Internet Fingers were flying over the Stupid Question from "JUST A GUY" and made Me Blind to the Fact I Wrote the WRONG NAME... I Hope this Clears it Up, and I'm Sorry to CAPT ITCH for any pain or Suffering I might a Have caused to His Family or Career... While I Do Not Know Him Personally, We Share a Rank and a Passion for Leather Holsters... I'm Sorry Mr. Itch.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

I have the lil joes vest and love it, not a holster
Just a big pocket.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I accept the apology ...and knew that you may of made a boner..HA HA I just feel very strongly about the right to carry..
Ride Safe and be prepared..

Old 01-24-2010, 08:54 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man i wish we had the choice to carry up here, unfortunatly your only sense of securitying i na situation where carrying would be useful is dial-a-prayer, often read as 9-1-1 and pray they get there before you bleed out.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, there is something wrong with your tactics.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware of the man who only has one gun, because he probably knows how to use it very well.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Speaking of CCW, this link just speaks for itself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI

Old 01-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent video clip!! But in that situation it should be double tap to the chest and repeat until the "bad guy" is no longer a threat.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What type of weapon are you carrying?
If I may suggest get a shoulder holster to wear under your vest. As it is strapped to your body it wont pull down and be a constant pain. as shoulder rigs have thier own issues.
You could also look at buying a small piece like a Ruger LCP which I have, It weighs about the same as your bill fold and fits in you back pocket. Or probly 20 others that will fit your taste.

Last edited by hardwork2; 01-25-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Electra Mule
Cruiser

HardWork2,

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the Shoulder Holster, But I addressed that in an earlier post...Shoulder Holster Straps do SHOW when wearing under a Vest... I Do Not always wear a jacket because its Hot in Florida where I live... and I Carry a GLOCK 19 Mostly, or a S&W Snub .38 Spl.
I wear a Vest anyway for my Club, and yet would provide me a place to carry the Pistol. Just want to buy a Good Quality one, with a Holster that WORKS, and is Not Just an after thought in selling a vest... Thanks for the thought though.

Stay Safe and God Bless... "Country Fried"

Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Thundermug
Slow draw? quickly deployed? This isn't the wild west where someone is facing you and calling you out.
I don't have to pull my weapon out....just shoot thru it, whether it's a shirt, jacket, vest or sport coat..., never even pulling it out. Another thing...if you are ever in need of a weapon, and you are at gunpoint, if you go and make a fast grab for yours then the other person could shoot you or stab you before you ever get your hand on your weapon.
Sure, shoot through it. You'll definitely have a failure to feed the second round with a semiauto, and material getting between the frame and cylinder could jam a revolver as well.

Of course someone could shoot/stab you before you get a hand on the weapon. Civilian use of deadly force is always reactive so someone getting the drop on you is more than a mere possibility, regardless of situational awareness. However, that's not an excuse to put yourself at serious disadvantage by employing an inferior method of carry. I don't think anyone is going to seriously argue that carrying in a vest pocket is better than using a proper OWB/IWB holster, which is a ridiculous notion. There's no reason to employ an inferior deep concealment method such as a vest (the worst), ankle carry, or pocket carry for a primary weapon unless you have no other choice.

Then again, if the extent of someone's "training" is standing stationary and shooting groups into paper, they've done nothing to develop skills necessary in a defensive shooting scenario anyway, so poor choice of carry method would just be an extension of that willful lack of preparation.

I guess you can try to be sly and put your hand in your pocket and hope the BG is stupid enough to not know that "hands kill", but using lethal force should always be a last resort and in that situation I feel that a proper holster and training beats a vest pocket every time.

Quick Reply: Black Motorcycle Vest W/"HOLSTER"