The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Motorcycle Vest W/"HOLSTER"

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:58 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Fox Creek vest has one, but I have never used it for carrying.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Roo, you are hilarious.

Lemme ask you guys... I mean, the ones who carry a pistol in their vests. What the hell do you do with it? I mean, do you really shoot people? Just wondering....

Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy

Lemme ask you guys... I mean, the ones who carry a pistol in their vests. What the hell do you do with it? I mean, do you really shoot people? Just wondering....
Sir I would not hesitate to shoot anyone if my life was threatened and I could not retreat..

Old 01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
Sir I would not hesitate to shoot anyone if my life was threatened and I could not retreat..

Ditto, just because you carry dont mean your a bad guy, it simply means you never know when you meet a bad guy and have to save your life.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Electra Mule
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Captain Itch... Why Would Someone Ask Such a Stupid Question? You are Obviously Bored and Unimaginative ... and Looking to raise an argument. "Let me Ask you guys" [that go into posts and have no quality input...WHY?]
I carry a Handgun because to Carry my own Personal Police Officer is Too Heavy...and Usually Ineffective.

Stay Safe... God Bless the Intelligent.. "Country Fried"

Old 01-24-2010, 04:59 AM
SVTNate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vests flop around and allow the gun to shift position, not to mention the slow draw.

I'd recommend keeping the gun on your hip where it can be quickly and effectively deployed.

At the very least, borrow a vest and take it to the range with you. I think you'll see how slow it is. Better yet, try some Airsoft training with a buddy, see if you can get off the first shot from the vest while your buddy has his Airsoft pistol on his hip.

Do you always carry your gun in a vest? Under duress, will your muscle memory direct you to reach for it there? Are you willing to put in the training time?

Do you really want to carry a chambered Glock in a vest pocket versus a real holster?

Just some things to think about.

edit - I'm a Kramer and Milt Sparks kind of guy myself, Winchester Ranger ammo, Glock 23, training by Gabe Suarez.

Last edited by SVTNate; 01-24-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTNate
Vests flop around and allow the gun to shift position, not to mention the slow draw.

I'd recommend keeping the gun on your hip where it can be quickly and effectively deployed...

Slow draw? quickly deployed? This isn't the wild west where someone is facing you and calling you out.
I don't have to pull my weapon out....just shoot thru it, whether it's a shirt, jacket, vest or sport coat..., never even pulling it out. Another thing...if you are ever in need of a weapon, and you are at gunpoint, if you go and make a fast grab for yours then the other person could shoot you or stab you before you ever get your hand on your weapon.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:58 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,027 Likes on 13,516 Posts

Originally Posted by pottsy
My Fox Creek vest has one, but I have never used it for carrying.
The fox creeks are nice but not for the larger pistols.I put a set of eagle secret service grips on my mod 640 s&w .357 mag and it fits well.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy

Most that carry do so for the same reason that they have fire insurance on their homes.... you certainly do not expect a fire, but if one occurs... there is is no substitute for being prepared.

As a personal note, my sister experienced an attempted rape. The only reason it was attempted and not completed was because she was armed and defended herself.

When seconds count.... a police officer is only minutes away.

Look, it is NOT about being macho. 95% that carry never tell anyone else about it nor do they ever draw their weapon. It is there only for a SHTF scenario.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

pm sent

Quick Reply: Black Motorcycle Vest W/"HOLSTER"