The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wooohoooo finally got some new boots for riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
celtic13
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
You do realize that everything associated with riding a Skuter doesn't have to be labeled H-D? You've purchased a Ft. Lewis knockoff boot that may look the part but in the long run may not give you the actual overall support or protection that the real deal offers. If that is all you can afford and if that's what meets your needs then go with it.

BTW....Nice boots NSCoyote. I have a zipper on the side of my boots and I like the convenience of it.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by celtic13

BTW....Nice boots NSCoyote. I have a zipper on the side of my boots and I like the convenience of it.
thanks celtic, yeah the zipper is defintly handy to have

Old 01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
You do realize that everything associated with riding a Skuter doesn't have to be labeled H-D? You've purchased a Ft. Lewis knockoff boot that may look the part but in the long run may not give you the actual overall support or protection that the real deal offers. If that is all you can afford and if that's what meets your needs then go with it.
So? Dude likes his boots, you don't have to wear them, or pay for them. Let him be happy about them, geeez.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
well unfortunatly the stealership was th eonly place i could find local that had a cent pair of boots that wernt steel toe and where tall enough for me to wear comfortably, as for needing the HD name on them that is irrelevent, considering they are the only thing i have besides a ball cap i was given that has the HD name on it, hell even my bike aint got it on it anymore
Now every foot print you leave will have the H.D. name on it.They are marketing geniuses.Hope they serve you well.They do look tough.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:04 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

They sort of look like my danner ft. lewis boots, only wish I had the side zippers. Ya got some nice lookin footwear, sometimes I wear hiking boots, but they ain't cut out for bike ridin.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:21 PM
siclmn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real riding boots do not have laces that can catch on a peg as you put your foot to the ground. Just sayin.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:02 AM
psyco1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had good luck with Sidis or Alpinestars and they're worth the price to me. Lately I've been eying this pair.
http://www.newenough.com/boots/water...cle_boots.html
Need to find a place to try them on first, otherwise I'm going to have to order and send back if they don't fit right.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by siclmn
Real riding boots do not have laces that can catch on a peg as you put your foot to the ground. Just sayin.
eah i know, but i need a lace up up that holds my leg firmly, the harness style boots dont hold tight enough to my leg and my right foot drops
* accident no muscle control/feeling/nerves etc*, a lace getting caught on a peg is easier to manage then my toes dropping ontop the pavement and me not noticing until after the fetch up LOL