The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The RoosterBoots Countdown

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The RoosterBoots Countdown

Week Ten starts tomorrow. Ten-day outlook on the weather channel puts Saturday at 62 degrees, mostly sunny. A cold front moves in on Monday, which threatens to close the window of opportunity for another week or two. As General Eisenhower said to his staff on June 5th, 1944, such a postponement "...is too bitter to contemplate."

So Saturday, January 23rd, is my Day of Days. I get back on Stray Dog and drive down the block to the Nehsoba Baptist Church, turn around, and go home. Then I join up with Miz Roo and Bruh Ray and Mark, and we go around the block (ten miles). If all goes well and my hip holds out, we then drive to Philadelphia for a burger at the Huddle House.

SIX DAYS TO GO. I sat astride Stray Dog this morning and did 30 leg lifts from the ground onto the footboards and back. Then I pushed her backward to the edge of the garage, and then forward to her berth. I'll do this twice a day. Hope it gets easier (or at least more graceful).

Old 01-17-2010, 02:14 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome roosterboots, i will sacrifice a grasshopper to the climate gods to ensure you and straydog have favorable weather on that gloorious day.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:32 PM
jcghound
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATTABOY Rooster.....looks like recovery to me.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:05 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Keep on keeping on

Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 PM
pgpn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good luck Roo!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

Way to go man! Me thinks you need yerself a convoy of HD forum members in your wake when you make your voyage. Ifn I lived closer, I would be proud to take part in that debacle! Lol! Good luck man!

Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

Originally Posted by Coolbreeze
Me thinks you need yerself a convoy of HD forum members in your wake when you make your voyage.
A convoy? A Convoy. A CONVOY! In my humble capacity as the Grand Master of the First Annual RoosterBoots Chrome Keester Motorcycle Event (FARCK ME), y'all are cordially invited to drive in the Greatest Harley and Hardly Harley Biker's Parade that the village of Neshoba, Mississippi has EVER SEEN! Just imagine...every member of the RoosterBoots Fan Club (including me, the President-for-Life), converging on a tiny GPS coordinate in the middle of nowhere, just North of Union, for the holy purpose of clogging our little two lane asphalt road and scaring the retirees. I can see it now...bike after bike, mufflers thumping an angry staccatto, yes! I have a vision! Why, there must be nearly five...no, make that six...bikes there in my driveway.

Oh, lunch is Dutch Treat.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:39 PM
C R
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

Well Mr. Roo if'n it was'nt slap dab in the middle of the rutt, I might would join yor convoy. Sounds like a pretty good ride, from Union to Philly, but alas , I have not filled my venison quota (1) yet.

My son ,who is apparently a much better hunter than his oldman, has already made his seasonal contribution to the freezer ,wich means I have to tight'n up before end of season.

It's about time though , she's been hibernating since thanksgiving.

So here's to a sunny 65* day , with the wind at your back ,and your knees in the breeze.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
A convoy? A Convoy. A CONVOY! In my humble capacity as the Grand Master of the First Annual RoosterBoots Chrome Keester Motorcycle Event (FARCK ME), y'all are cordially invited to drive in the Greatest Harley and Hardly Harley Biker's Parade that the village of Neshoba, Mississippi has EVER SEEN! Just imagine...every member of the RoosterBoots Fan Club (including me, the President-for-Life), converging on a tiny GPS coordinate in the middle of nowhere, just North of Union, for the holy purpose of clogging our little two lane asphalt road and scaring the retirees. I can see it now...bike after bike, mufflers thumping an angry staccatto, yes! I have a vision! Why, there must be nearly five...no, make that six...bikes there in my driveway.

Oh, lunch is Dutch Treat.
damn shame your at least 4-5 days ride from me other wise i woulddamn all the cool stuff happens in the states LOL

Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

FIVE DAYS TO GO.

Bruh Ray, my most esteemed neighbor, bought a Honda Shadow 1100 last week. It's a perfect fit for the riding he wants to do, and I'll be tickled pink to see Big Ray in my entourage. Miz Roo and me went and cleared an area in the hay barn so's he could park it while he builds a bike shop for us all to use. But we had too much rain, and there's still too much mud on the ground to drive it to the barn, so last night we repositioned all the bikes in MY garage to make room for one more. I discovered that there is a set of muscles in your leg that God put there for the sole purpose of pushing a Harley backwards. Today they hurt. But the garage looks good.

Quick Reply: The RoosterBoots Countdown