The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The RoosterBoots Countdown

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
So Saturday, January 23rd, is my Day of Days. I get back on Stray Dog and drive down the block to the Nehsoba Baptist Church, turn around, and go home. Then I join up with Miz Roo and Bruh Ray and Mark, and we go around the block (ten miles). If all goes well and my hip holds out, we then drive to Philadelphia for a burger at the Huddle House..........
Good luck from Orygun. I am anticipating my own return to the saddle - but must await the orthopods estimation - permission would be way too much to expect. I am in awe of your Day of Days. Good thoughts to you and Stray Dog and your entourage.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure wish I could join you. I am still on the mend from a couple of boogered up ribs (ARI) that happened New Years day. I figure another couple of weeks I'll be back in the saddle. Good luck to you.

Cajun

Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

A convoy? A Convoy. A CONVOY! In my humble capacity as the Grand Master of the First Annual RoosterBoots Chrome Keester Motorcycle Event (FARCK ME), y'all are cordially invited to drive in the Greatest Harley and Hardly Harley Biker's Parade that the village of Neshoba, Mississippi has EVER SEEN! Just imagine...every member of the RoosterBoots Fan Club (including me, the President-for-Life), converging on a tiny GPS coordinate in the middle of nowhere, just North of Union, for the holy purpose of clogging our little two lane asphalt road and scaring the retirees. I can see it now...bike after bike, mufflers thumping an angry staccatto, yes! I have a vision! Why, there must be nearly five...no, make that six...bikes there in my driveway.

Oh, lunch is Dutch Treat.
When I read this, I thought of that sceen near the end of the movie Animal House, where the marching band followed that dude down the dead end alley way and marched straight into the wall!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:12 AM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Roo

Best of luck in your journey and may the gods smile upon you, where it not a wee bit of a jaunt from my place to yours i would be honored to join you in your crusade to retrieve the burger from the huddle house.

Thumper

Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Week Ten starts tomorrow.

SIX DAYS TO GO and you'll being doing this.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Being new around here, I haven't really followed this whole story. I gather Mr. Roo has had some medical issues. Well, here's a toast (clink) to you, sir, and best wishes from New York for a nice sunny day and a good, safe ride! I think the gods are smiling, because it's beautiful here today and I rode the bike (w/ sidecar) to work. Winter my ***!!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there in spirit as you wind your way along the highways to Philly (damn that's a long ride from Mississippi to Pennsylvania! Haha). I will take Big Red out for a ride down here in sunny SW Florida on Saturday morning in honor of your return to the 2 wheeled world.
Seriously though, take it easy so you don't give yourself a longer setback. A little at a time and work your way up. Although we will miss the frequency of your literary endeavors, I for one wish you the best of health before all else.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:33 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that weekend off.... Might be able to get down there...

Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

FOUR DAYS TO GO!

Miz Roo brought Bruh Ray's "new" Honda VT1100 home from Young Tom's Universal Bike Garage and Lost Rider Counseling Center. I climbed on it once it was parked...a good workout for the inguinal tendons! I also threw a leg over Stray Dog and the famous Sportster 1200. Miz Roo is talking 'bout selling Dirty Betty and taking the 1200 as her own. The forecast for Saturday is 68 degrees. I got around all day long without a cane, and my legs are feeling really good. I actually tied my shoes today (badly). Life moves pretty fast 'round here! It'll get a lot faster in five more days.

Last edited by Roosterboots; 01-19-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

THREE DAYS TO GO

Depending on how ya count...Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I gotta wait, so that's three days. Weather guessers optimistic. Stray Dog is washed and waxed. Turning final...

Quick Reply: The RoosterBoots Countdown