The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...I swore I would never own one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010 | 02:10 PM
CrackOfDawn
|
Road Captain
Talking ...I swore I would never own one.

Not looking to rehash arguments, just wanted to share a story that was comical to me and a lot of you may be able to relate to. And yeah, I just got done reading a lot of threads on this topic, and they were quite entertaining.

Ever get a Christmas present that is a total surprise and makes you laugh at yourself?

We were at my parent’s house over the holidays and I was opening a gift from my mother. I opened up this small box and what should I pull out, a biker wallet on a chain.

I instantly chuckled at myself, because years ago when I first started riding, I swore I would never own one. Now, I'm not sure if it was my subconscious being aware that I said that before, or if I just never thought about it again, but I never really considered getting one. But on this day, I was so appreciative of this gift.

Those of you that use them know what I’m talking about – reaching around to see if “it” is still in the pocket, tucking it in a jacket or vest pocket, or dropping it down in a bag only to have to dig for it. Then later thinking, where is my wallet? ****! Then the panic search starts – come on, you all have done the panic search for something that really matters!

And, if I’m out riding and someone says, “Nice wallet chain, poser”, all I will have to say is, “Damn right! My mommy got it for me.” LOL

Old 01-04-2010 | 02:14 PM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer

Originally Posted by CrackOfDawn

And, if I’m out riding and someone says, “Nice wallet chain, poser”, all I will have to say is, “Damn right! My mommy got it for me.” LOL

You know..the only reason I haven't gotten one is to not be harassed about it......but I know it would be the practical thing to do.
I just love the fact that you would be able to come back with that remark!....lol

Old 01-04-2010 | 02:41 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

The "panic search".....lol I do that all the time because I don't carry it in my pocket. I ususlly keep it in my truck console and just take out what I need and stick it in my front pocket. Once I fugure out it's not in there I start the panic search and then try to figure out how long I've been driving around w/out my DL.

“Damn right! My mommy got it for me.” HaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 01-04-2010 | 03:08 PM
Chicago Bob
Road Master

Wife won't even allow a pick-up truck in the driveway. She sure as $hit wouldn't let me wear a wallet chain. Not my style anyway.

Old 01-04-2010 | 03:12 PM
CrackOfDawn
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chicago Bob
Wife won't even allow a pick-up truck in the driveway. She sure as $hit wouldn't let me wear a wallet chain. Not my style anyway.
Not my "style" either. But functional as heck.

Old 01-04-2010 | 03:12 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

my kids got me one, has an embroidered iron cros on the front of it. anythign my kids gets me gets used/worn regardless of how psoerish or tacky it may be.

Old 01-04-2010 | 04:35 PM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

Yeah those chain wallets do have their practical side. I'm the same way, I put "it" in my vest, front pocket, cargo pant side pocket or take my chances with it in my back pocket. I'm been tempted to switch to one as a "Practical" mater, but...with only 2 years of riding behind me...am I ready to walk the walk and use a chain wallet? Maybe I can get someone to buy me one on one of those minor holidays...like presidents day or something.

Old 01-04-2010 | 04:43 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member

Wear mine all the time when I ride,been like that since they were called Trucker wallets.

Old 01-04-2010 | 05:35 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chicago Bob
No pickup truck??I couldn't even imagine living without a truck!

Old 01-04-2010 | 05:40 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
No pickup truck??I couldn't even imagine living without a truck!
+1, a good truck, a trusty dog, and my scoot. The main essentials to a good life.

As far as the wallet, used to always wear one back in the day, now I only wear mine on long rides.

Last edited by DoomBuggy; 01-04-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Can't type and spell at the same time

Quick Reply: ...I swore I would never own one.