The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...I swore I would never own one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010 | 01:41 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Snarly
I had a hobby one time hand carving leather. I made a lot of those chain drive wallets, trouble was, all anyone wanted to pay for em was walmart kind of money. I gave em away to friends rather than do that.

Yeah, I make leather belts (not fancy ones, just basic stamping and dyeing). I go to shows and stuff and see people selling very nicely carved belts, and they have to offer them for $20-30 at most. The amount of time it takes to make one by hand is absurdly disproportionate to that kind of price. So I just give them away to friends.

Old 01-07-2010 | 02:10 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I always have my wallet on a chain when I ride. Keys on my belt loop, too. I'm a little paranoid about losing it because I accidentally dropped one in a lake years ago with my DL, several credit cards and other cards, my pilot' license, PADI card, and $100 in it. Took me weeks to get my DL and all the cards replaced. It was a real hassle that don't want to ever go through again.

Plus, here in North Georgia, nearly every Harley rider looks like the stereotype anyway - leathers, chaps, chain wallet, etc. Many may be posers from the city, but no one really seems to care who thinks what around here. Everyone's pretty cool. No one's ever said anything to me about the way I look... they may THINK it, but they don't SAY it.

Old 01-10-2010 | 06:26 PM
ashmarc
Road Master

I've been looking for a really good quality chain wallet. Don't really care for the HD's.

I found this website, they look high quality, anyone heard of 'em?

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/

I'm looking at The Traveler (#12).

Old 01-10-2010 | 06:55 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

I've been dealing with Leather Unlimited for years. Orders can be a little slow sometimes, and some of the stuff is kind of on the cheap side. But a lot of it is very good and well priced. I have a wallet from them that was very inexpensive and holds up great. Been using it for a couple of years. I get most of my leatherwork supplies from them. Their biker wallets are very reasonably priced:

http://www.leatherunltd.com/index.html

I have no interest other than a satisfied customer (more or less).

Mark