The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...I swore I would never own one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:00 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

I also have one and like the look. I ditched the stock chain and bought
A thick dog choke chain to replace it. But I usually am always wearing levis, black t shirt
And black boots, so it goes with what I wear. It woujld look kinda silly with kahkies
Or sneakers.

Old 01-06-2010 | 09:42 AM
doggiedave
Road Master

I was think'n they might come out with a belt drive model might be quite the hit!

Old 01-06-2010 | 01:28 PM
budgar
Intermediate

It always makes me chuckle. Back in the day, (before motorcycling got so fashionable), you wore what was functional. Heavy leather boots saved me from loosing my foot last year. Leather was tough and protected your own hide. Sometimes wallets slipped out. I've been riding with one for 20 years and no one has ever accused me of being a poser. I've never lost my wallet either.

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:07 PM
HDMike96
Road Captain

I think the ones with like 2ft chains are a tad ridiculous. Mines just a simple small maybe 6in chain thats all black. As my wallet gets bigger though I wont want to have it in my back pocket because its uncomfortable. Found using a soft sunglass case looped through a belt loop on a regular pants pocket works nice for securing ID/License/Debt card and a little cash. Not bulky at all and when the shades get nasty nice to have to clean em off.

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:48 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

I started wearing one when I had my sportbike. I was pulling up in the driveway and my wallet fell off the seat. I have worn one while riding ever since.

I made mine even. Went to the local ranch supply store and bought a choke chain and two clips, one for the wallet, one for the belt loop. Punched a hole in the corner of the wallet and attached a small ring. That way I can carry the wallet for work or riding. I won't be losing my wallet again.

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:52 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by T-Dub
I started wearing one when I had my sportbike. I was pulling up in the driveway and my wallet fell off the seat. I have worn one while riding ever since.

I made mine even. Went to the local ranch supply store and bought a choke chain and two clips, one for the wallet, one for the belt loop. Punched a hole in the corner of the wallet and attached a small ring. That way I can carry the wallet for work or riding. I won't be losing my wallet again.
I love it - yankee ingenuity at it's best!

Old 01-07-2010 | 05:54 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

I know for certain I will never own one.Too much a pain in the neck!

Old 01-07-2010 | 09:18 AM
rcaddell
Road Master

Use to wear one when I was younger and would spend my day on a skate board. Now I have a minimalist wallet and keep it in my front pocket. Made out of rip-stop nylon and holds everything I could ever need.

http://www.all-ett.com/productdetail...er&mselect=yes

Old 01-07-2010 | 09:35 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CrackOfDawn
We were at my parent’s house over the holidays and I was opening a gift from my mother. I opened up this small box and what should I pull out, a biker wallet on a chain.
I had a hobby one time hand carving leather. I made a lot of those chain drive wallets, trouble was, all anyone wanted to pay for em was walmart kind of money. I gave em away to friends rather than do that.

Old 01-07-2010 | 11:11 AM
My383rdrnr
3rd Gear
Default Been using this one since 1992.

When I was 15 going on 16. My dad and I stoped at a place called CYCLE BARN in Buford GA. Saw it, wanted it, bought it. Obviously have never lost it. The joint was owned and operated by an older gentalman Named Bones Frazier. I still have his business card in the wallet. I wonder if he is still in business?

Quick Reply: ...I swore I would never own one.