The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...I swore I would never own one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:31 AM
DMas
Road Master

I wear one 'cause I almost lost my regular wallet a bunch of times while ridin'. I don;t give a damn what the HD fashion police has to say 'bout it..

Old 01-05-2010 | 09:48 AM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CrackOfDawn
Those of you that use them know what I’m talking about – reaching around to see if “it” is still in the pocket, tucking it in a jacket or vest pocket, or dropping it down in a bag only to have to dig for it. Then later thinking, where is my wallet? ****! Then the panic search starts – come on, you all have done the panic search for something that really matters!
Ahh, funny stuff. I accidentally left my wallet (it's a little zippered leather "wallet" that I put my money, license, and credit cards in while riding) at a gas station 100 miles from me. Fortunately I didn't need gas until I got off the exit near my home and when I went to pre-pay, that's when I realized my wallet was not in the zippered pocket it's always in. I did the "panic search" (lol!) as I tried to find my wallet and then muttered about 50 swear words when I realized I had lost it. I knew I had it at the last gas station I was at because I was able to fill up. And I remembered the station because it was the Amish gas station/country store in Cookeville, TN. I looked up their number on my iphone and called them, hoping someone had found it by the pumps or in the restroom (which is where I think I left it). I believe a store employee found it and put it behind the counter. I rode out the next day and picked up my wallet... the $40 in cash was still there and I still check my CC statements and no weird charges have appeared on them. Thank goodness for honest people. I got really lucky.

Old 01-05-2010 | 10:13 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

Not to highjack, but I would be worried if my wife ever TOLD me what vehicles could be in the driveway.

Not time for a wallet chain, which is fine, time for some pants.

Mike

Old 01-05-2010 | 12:10 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by SuburbanMom
Ahh, funny stuff. I accidentally left my wallet (it's a little zippered leather "wallet" that I put my money, license, and credit cards in while riding) at a gas station 100 miles from me. Fortunately I didn't need gas until I got off the exit near my home and when I went to pre-pay, that's when I realized my wallet was not in the zippered pocket it's always in. I did the "panic search" (lol!) as I tried to find my wallet and then muttered about 50 swear words when I realized I had lost it. I knew I had it at the last gas station I was at because I was able to fill up. And I remembered the station because it was the Amish gas station/country store in Cookeville, TN. I looked up their number on my iphone and called them, hoping someone had found it by the pumps or in the restroom (which is where I think I left it). I believe a store employee found it and put it behind the counter. I rode out the next day and picked up my wallet... the $40 in cash was still there and I still check my CC statements and no weird charges have appeared on them. Thank goodness for honest people. I got really lucky.
Yep, you was at the intersection of I-40 and SR 111, 2 miles from my house. And yep that's how us folks around here are.

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:42 PM
CrackOfDawn
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mike@nhca.us
Not to highjack, but I would be worried if my wife ever TOLD me what vehicles could be in the driveway.

Not time for a wallet chain, which is fine, time for some pants.

Mike
I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:57 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member

Seen those wallets a zillion times, myself I don't like anything in my back pockets. I have a wallet that lets me carry my license, insurance card, debit and credit card, just big enough for those to fit, this goes in my jacket chest pocket. Plus in my front pants pocket I keep my traveling cash. Just don't trust snaps and flaps to keep my goodies safe. imo Any other time ,I never carry a wallet, just cash.

Old 01-05-2010 | 09:08 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had dreams of the wallet falling out of my pocket and being chewed up by the ashalt, hanging on that chain and leaving me high and dry. Not that his happens all the time, just one of my paranoias.

Old 01-06-2010 | 05:38 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CrackOfDawn
And, if I’m out riding and someone says, “Nice wallet chain, poser”, all I will have to say is, “Damn right! My mommy got it for me.” LOL

LMAO.......I feel for yuh man. My kids got me one a few years ago.

Old 01-06-2010 | 07:03 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

Get over It. Now you own 1. Once you get used to it, if it's a good design you'll learn to accept it and after a while you won't even know it's there. There never be another panic attack as to whether or not it's there or you lost it or left it some where cause you'll know it's in your pocket.. In this world of Identify fraud and theft that would B 1 less thing to worry about. There's nobody gonna pickpocket your Azz. I can walk through Times *&^%">) Square @ Midnight on New Years Eve and not be worried at all.

Old 01-06-2010 | 07:10 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

Not that I'd be in Times Square . I live in F+}:Ing Kansas

Quick Reply: ...I swore I would never own one.