The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roosterboots meets miz roo

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Good read Roo! Glad you're finally shut of the handicrapper!

Old 12-19-2009, 01:05 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great read. sounds like you've been one of the lucky ones .. I just got married . things couldn't be better.

I should've taken writing classes in college. It's cool being able to tell an interesting story about your life like that.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Goat (et al)! Th' Roo is pleased to hear complements, even tho they come at me unearned. I can't lay claim to having worked hard on my "style", nor have I spent years perfecting "the craft." I hate that term.

I write what I remember. Trouble is, my memories are exaggerated by a faulty perceptual filter. Then my pen embellishes the adventures in such a way as to make them more interesting. Innocent bystanders occasionally get in the way.

If you don't like what I write, you're not alone. I have entire hard drives filled with stuff I hate. Stuff that will never see daylight.

On the other hand, if you like RoosterBoots stories, if you find them compelling and interesting and fun to read...you are sick. Go get drunk or something, 'cause no amount of professional counseling will ever break through your icy, antisocial shell. You're headed straight for trouble, young man! Next stop...jail, or bovine copulation.

You've been warned.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bovine Copulation? One must be extremely "horny" to even contemplate such an act. HAHA

Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Great story roo..Glad to see ya back at the key boards again...

Trucky911

Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Cacruzen
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To write eloquently is a gift bestowed on the wordsmiths of our society. So acute are their skills we are compelled to read them, to hang on every word and sometimes, to live vicariously through their deeds.
Actually, that's just a bunch of B.S. I thought up.I don't have a clue what it takes to be a good writer but I know I enjoyed your story.....
Keep um cummin