The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did you buy a HD instead of a metric

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Why did you buy a HD instead of a metric

Was unable to find a metric that said Harley Davidson on the tank.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:32 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

But Harley's use metric bolts and fasteners..........

Last edited by schumacher; 12-13-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 AM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wanted one since I was 5. Starring out the window of my dads 70' Chevelle, at the large group of bikers, said to dad, that's what i want. Well got older put off bike, got married, had kids(all great choices) Then at 32 diagnosed with 18 months to live. Went through a lot of co$tly $hit, paid that off. Finally at 42, (yup beat the 18 months) the wife agreed I had to have one(Street Bob). Now at 45, still alive and feeling good rolling down the roads. Never entered my mind to by a metric, although I am sure they are almost as fun to roll with. I can say without a doubt I have every-thing I ever wanted or needed. Although if health holds out I probably will add a RKC, to the stable, then my sons 13 and 17 can have a go at the Street Bob if they would like. Its long winded I know, but because I can seemed a little to easy.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 AM
schumacher
Club Member

these threads are starting to become as plenty as the 1% ones

Old 12-13-2009, 10:03 AM
motocriz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friends, family, and co-workers were getting tired of me walking around going "blub blub blub....blub blub"....I figured they were about to commit me...so I caved and got the real thing...now I don't have to walk around going..."blub blub blub....blub blub"...

Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by meatball64
You'll get NO respect riding a metric.

I got disrespected more when I rode a Sportster than I see guys get disprespected who ride metrics. There's nothing quite like riding a few hundred miles on a Sportster and then having some azzhat on a big cooshy touring bike call your ride a "girl's bike or a mini-bike". Now some of it was in fun, but some wasn't

That said, with used bike prices dropping like they are because of the bad economy, I might just try to pick me up another Sporty as a second bike if the right deal comes along. Then I just have to decide whether I want to go cafe racer or bobber.

Gurlz bike my azz!

Old 12-13-2009, 12:12 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I always wanted to be a 1%er so I bought the harley. Now I have to buy the patch.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM
dumpsterj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I beg to differ , my ole kawi vulcan drifter loved me . I was sad finally driving it to the dealership to leave it for the road king. Yeah i kinda forgot about it on the way back , but still lol.....

Originally Posted by reddog8145
I cant explain it, its like old Brit bikes, they have a personality, no two bike's are the same, they seem to have a mind of their own, you just look at a Harley and it's like its looking back at you. Japanese bike have no personality, no feeling, just twist and go. The Harley feel's like a bike should be.

Reddog UK

Old 12-13-2009, 12:22 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had metrics for years, been to Sturgis, Hollister, and a whole lot of other places in between. I will continue to keep and ride my metrics, along with the FXD. I didn't buy the FXD to get the 'respect' of other riders (truthfully...I've never experienced any disrespect from HD riders when I've been on one of the metrics...especially the Valkyrie since only a Harley rider on a V-Rod would be able to keep up with me on that ride).

I've always been of the opinion that respect is earned, not bought at a dealership.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by krusty1

I've always been of the opinion that respect is earned, not bought at a dealership.

touchdown!

Quick Reply: Why did you buy a HD instead of a metric