The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:53 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok, so I don't know much about the victory line. My buddy at work has a Victory/Vegas. What's the beta on that model? Any good?

Old 12-22-2009, 02:55 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy-bc
Yup, pretty much like a jap bike huh.
he must like pissin on the stars and stripes.........

Old 12-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REVL33
i hear you loud and clear good buddy, i am sorry if i mis posted as i was really tired last night when i did
No problem. Just wanted you to know...no pushrods in the Victory engine. There are very few similarities between the two engines...other than both are are internal combustion V twins.

Tech23

Old 12-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fatbob123
I also think Victory styling is a little "to radical" in honest opinion - Just my thoughts on same and I know they try to be a little different than Harley but they are different alright!
Wouldn't make much sense to build a bike just like a Harley now would it. Harley (understandably) tries to make improvements while maintaining the classic look of their engine...and they do a great job of modernizing the antique engine design. I understand people wanting a bike with that lineage. This is where the Victory is completely different...they have no antique engine to maintain the looks of or moderize. They are free to start with a clean slate starting with nothing more with a V twin engine. Thats why it has features like OHC, 4 valves/cyl, gear driven primary and counterbalancer. HD has managed to sneak a balancing system (chain driven) into the evolution of the TC engine and they did it without upsetting the classic look of the engine too. Even the 4 Japanese cruisers lines are similar but different.

Tech23

Old 12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
cowboy-bc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
he must like pissin on the stars and stripes.........
Hi all,

Howd ya deduce that one mister 16000 posts and needs to get a life. Anyway mister stars and stripes maybe you should load up all your off shore german, korean, chinese and jap **** and load it in your jap car and drive it off a cliff then when your waving your flag ya won't feel guilty. Anyway back to Victory put a Victory motor in a Yamaha or a Yamaha motor in a Victory, who'd know

Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
schumacher
Club Member

I like my life just fine. Work part time for UPS, have a nice house, car & truck, and my Softail.
Half of those posts came from me being a moderator in this forum.

If you have a problem with me, we can always step outside

Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all,

Howd ya deduce that one mister 16000 posts and needs to get a life. Anyway mister stars and stripes maybe you should load up all your off shore german, korean, chinese and jap **** and load it in your jap car and drive it off a cliff then when your waving your flag ya won't feel guilty. Anyway back to Victory put a Victory motor in a Yamaha or a Yamaha motor in a Victory, who'd know

And who the fugg are you, mister 33 posts, to come here and run your mouth? Don't tell people you don' know chit about to get a life. Mind your own biz, and if you don't have anything contructive to contribute to a thread, just **** off.
I would sooooo like to see if you have the stones to talk to Schu like that in person.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:38 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Schu & Frenchman,

When can I buy a round for you two?

Old 12-23-2009, 06:04 PM
schumacher
Club Member

wherever you want

Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior

Hi all,

Explain how the Yamaha and Victory engines are similar. I would know if I saw a Victory with a Yamaha engine in it and vice versa....are you sayin you wouldn't?? Just wondering...do you ride with your eyes open?

Tech23

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?