The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They don't have the fit and finish a Harley does. More akin to a metric, but at least they're American made. Buddy has a hammer. It sounds like crap to me...

Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warranty costs across the board for Polaris motorcycles are $14.00 per bike,just sayin.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:34 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Victory Motorcycle offers some very nice American made bikes, and I believe a couple of the new 2010 models (Cross Roads and Cross Country) were introduced to compete with the HD Road King and Street Glide.

Come stock with 106" EFI engines, 92 HP, 109 Pounds of Torque, and it's not hard to up those figures.

I know long time Harley riders that also own Victory bikes, and I wouldn't mind having one myself.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile

I have visited two Victory dealers 1000 miles apart...both said the same sort of thing...they love to have a guy ride up on a Harley and and do everything they can to get them to test ride. They seem proud of the bike and will quickly point out features, unlike most Harley places that the sales staff is satisfied to say "it's a Harley". Brian at Klock Werks is a big fan although most of his work is on Harley builds. His wife rode her Victory "bagger" 122 mph out of the box at Bonneville...she bought one after one day on the road enroute to Sturgis on a loaner. The Ness association has driven up prices but I think they are a good value. With the right pipes they sound good and it takes 2K+ to get a Harley to their power levels. Harley has a formidable competitor, built in the US. Dealer network is a negative factor for sure, but I would guess a Polaris dealer could help if you were on the road. I am on my 4th Harley, so no need to explain them to me. Escalating Victory sales can only benefit Harley diehards since it will force advancements beyond an occasional color change. My next Harley might be a Victory. John

Old 12-01-2009, 10:07 AM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

You might as well look at the gold wing too. It has a lot of features, good power, on and on....

Personally I bought the Harley for the name and image. If you're looking for power, features, handling, or pretty much anything else you'd go with another brand.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like them. Never ridden one, but will test one out sooner or later. I loved my Suzuki, but didn't get the social riding arena with that and I like riding with others, so I got the HD. I personally am all for water cooled motorcycles. Get that damn heat off my azz!!

I think Victory will give HD a run for their money. Big store going up in my little town. The HD store in my town is about 1/10th the size of the Victory store!! Not that size matters!!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Not a big fan....I'll stick to my slow, outdated Harley

Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the only thing hurting Victory is their much smaller service network. The bikes look great and from what I've been reading run great also. I can understand someone not wanting to buy one when the closest dealer is an hour ride away. An example is 65 miles to a Milwaukee suburb for for someone in the city of Madison, Wisconsin.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
I like them. Never ridden one, but will test one out sooner or later. I loved my Suzuki, but didn't get the social riding arena with that and I like riding with others, so I got the HD. I personally am all for water cooled motorcycles. Get that damn heat off my azz!!

I think Victory will give HD a run for their money. Big store going up in my little town. The HD store in my town is about 1/10th the size of the Victory store!! Not that size matters!!
I'll fan your butt to keep it cool if you let me!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:26 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
But they aren't metrics. They're more made in the USA that what you and I have in our garages.
They're more powerful, cost less, aren't based on 1923 technology, and hold their value just as well as a Harley.
Moco needs to get off of the fence before the fence collapses.
They are looking more and more like the GM of the past few years recently.

I hope you're reading this Willie G.
To hell with all of the purists that are now all on baggers that don't want change. They'll be dead soon anyways.
We want looks, technology, and something cutting edge. It's looking more and more like Victory is gonna steal a good chunk of yer customer base if you do nothing.
Would truly hate to see Harley become a footnote like GM or Chrysler.
I was looking into Victories.. I don't think they cost less. They seem to all be around $20,000.

Oh maybe not just checked prices. Seem to be comparable pricing. I do really like the "Cross Roads"

Last edited by brutalbrad; 12-01-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?