The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
klj8209
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't post a lot here, just usually do a lot of reading. This one hit close to home so I will pass along my two cents. Right now I have a Victory Jackpot, HD V-rod and Yamaha V-max sitting in the garage. My older brother rides a Road King, my younder brother has a Nighster and Street Glide and my dad rides a Heritage Softail Classic. I bought the Vic because I just wanted something different. I get asked all the time if my Dad is mad at me for riding a Victory. I just tell them that I decided to get the other American bike that has a more power!

In all honesty, the Vic has been a real good motorcycle and it has some qualities that you can't find in a Harley. That being said, Victory will NEVER outsell Harley. That is definately not their intention. They have carved a nice little niche in the market for themselves and in todays times its really nice to know their built in the US. That can't be said about too many things we buy.

Harley will always be a Harley and Victory is still trying to prove it can actually compete in the competitve cruiser market. Atleast we have an American alternative. Even if you would never buy one, I would encourage you to atleast test ride one just to see what the Americans in Spirit Lake can put together.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 8ball
Hey guys nice thread !!!!

i am an HD guy that switched to Vic. i started on a sporty and when i was looking to upgrade i looked at and rode several HD from night train to fat boy to street bob. Then i stopped by the Vic dealer to look at an 8 ball and liked it. After i rode on ei was HOOKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to the guy that said his stock HD could/would beat the Vic stop light to stop light... NO FRAKING WAY !!!!!!!! I didn't say it, but my HD will blow the doors off of your vic, anyday, anytime!!!

My cuz bought a 2008 night train right after i bought my 8ball he has done the stage one cams and a few other things and i kick his A$$ all day long. all i have done is stage one (pipes and air box)

here is my bike.... some of you guys might not like the looks but i just can't find any thing in the HD line to compete.

ohh yeah and here is the wife's bike

so yeah you could say we are a Vic family and love the bikes !!!! i will be getting a cross country in a year or two
To me all of the victory bikes look like ****, never saw a one that I would want to own, but to each his/her own, if you like them then thats fine, if you don't that fine too.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 AM
07 8ball
Intermediate

Dope man.... you sure about that part in red ???????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad6GOql0D5o

and IMO calling a SE "stock" is kind of a strech... kind of like calling a callaway corvette "stock"

Last edited by 07 8ball; 12-03-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 8ball
Dope man.... you sure about that part in red ???????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad6GOql0D5o

and IMO calling a SE "stock" is kind of a strech... kind of like calling a callaway corvette "stock"
DAMN sure of it, but I never said anything about mine being stock either...

Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
You're not calculating what the HD has and the Victory doesn't though. That makes your comparison kind of unfair. Plus some things you can't buy, like good taste. Looking at your sig pic, I'm left wondering why you like a bike shaped like a pig :

EDIT : Make that a Space pig, with spacey age plastichrome.
shut up, and go polish that Soobaramyou yer in driveway

Frikkin ricer driver knocking American motorcycles

Last edited by schumacher; 12-03-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:33 AM
07 8ball
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
DAMN sure of it, but I never said anything about mine being stock either...
than apparently you did not read what i wrote.... i was talking to the guy in the begining of the thread......

once you strat modding anything can made to be fast.

ohh and BTW i think your tast is ****
good thing we all like something diffrent and have the choice

Old 12-03-2009, 07:56 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

I think I have created a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 217 posts so far -- what have I done

Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 AM
stick_hd
Cruiser

I never really understood why you have all these pro-victory douche bags coming to a HD forum telling us how outdated/overpriced/slow/loud/ugly/junk that our bikes are. I personally don't give a crap what you ride. I'll ride what I want and you do the same.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

very true

Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

this whole thread is fatbob123's fault

Lets stomp him!!!!!

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?