The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
You're not calculating what the HD has and the Victory doesn't though. That makes your comparison kind of unfair. Plus some things you can't buy, like good taste. Looking at your sig pic, I'm left wondering why you like a bike shaped like a pig :

EDIT : Make that a Space pig, with spacey age plastichrome.
No my comparision did NOT OMIT anything...The Vision come sstock with EVERYTHING the Ultra comes with PLUS the items I listed that were not included on the Ultra, only thing that is NOT STOCK on the Vision that the ultra DOES come with is the CB radio and I added that price to the Visions cost ...nothing else was left off or omitted on EITHER side....
One I bought my Vision because I like the looks of it. I don't give 2 ***** what other people think, I learned 40 years ago not to worry about anybodies opinion but my own...

Plus I bought my spaceship piggy, I prefer to call her jane as in Jane Jetson because it HANDLES BETTER, HAS MORE POWER, has more moderne comnfort features (listed in price break out) and LOOKS BETTER than my Road Glide that I had...And by the way isn't Harley called a HOG???? (rhetorical question)

Plus HD's have MORE plastic IN them and on them (check your cam chain tensioner lately?) than Victory Visions do...just molded differently...Saddlebags, tour packs, fairings, side covers for the ECM and fuses are ALL PLASTIC on Harley's...Go check it is called injected molded PLASTIC..

I will ride with any other biker who wants to ride, regardless of make as long as you ride...either 30 miles to a bar on my Nightster or across the country on my Victory Vision, just want the wind in my face and bugs between my teeth ...I know my bike appears ugly to some...I DON'T CARE, I didn't buy it for them...Look at the '57 Corvette people said it was ugly when it was first released, now what do they think of it????

Last edited by joeschmoe; 12-02-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Slowride262
Intermediate

Ok Boys!!!
Heres the the deal with the Victory bikes.
A friend of mine works for Polaris Industries and here is what he is telling me from Roseau,Mn.
Polaris is looking to take over the market share from Harley now that they have more or less taking over the share in snowmobile, ATV and the UTV market and is now ramping up and developing bikes that are going to make the Harley's look like 1970's technology.
If you look at what Harley makes the most on is Shirts and there accessories and not there bikes were Polaris has a R&D department that will blow away most car manufactures in todays standards and have a network of suppliers that are some of the best in the world.
Sometime soon you will see there bikes competing in the NHRA just to take down Harley from there short lived domination in there Super bike Drag racing thorn and they have alot more resources then Harley when it comes to racing and won't stop till they get it right.
What I think the best thing for Harley to do is to FIRE ***** G while they still have some kind of hope to keep there share of the pie.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 PM
07 8ball
Intermediate

Hey guys nice thread !!!!

i am an HD guy that switched to Vic. i started on a sporty and when i was looking to upgrade i looked at and rode several HD from night train to fat boy to street bob. Then i stopped by the Vic dealer to look at an 8 ball and liked it. After i rode on ei was HOOKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to the guy that said his stock HD could/would beat the Vic stop light to stop light... NO FRAKING WAY !!!!!!!!

My cuz bought a 2008 night train right after i bought my 8ball he has done the stage one cams and a few other things and i kick his A$$ all day long. all i have done is stage one (pipes and air box)

here is my bike.... some of you guys might not like the looks but i just can't find any thing in the HD line to compete.

ohh yeah and here is the wife's bike

so yeah you could say we are a Vic family and love the bikes !!!! i will be getting a cross country in a year or two

Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
franklin322
Cruiser

love the pig pic

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 PM
07 8ball
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slowride262
Ok Boys!!!
Sometime soon you will see there bikes competing in the NHRA just to take down Harley from there short lived domination in there Super bike Drag racing thorn and they have alot more resources then Harley when it comes to racing and won't stop till they get it right.
i have been wondering when that was going to happen... should make for some interesting racing !!!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
But there are new models. You've just said so yourself. The XBones, the Deuce, the VROD (which didn't quite part many people with their cash though...).

The Moco introduces new models every few years. Some are hits, some are misses. Look at the new Wide Glide and all the commotion it's stirring this year. Old name, new look.

So what exactly is it that HD should be doing that it's not doing already ? Water cooled tourrer ? Talk about beating a dead horse...
NO water cooled tourer...maybe a start would be a balanced motor, hydraulic lifters instead of push rods, maybe gear driven cams, maybe STOCK oil cooler (works with keeping the EPA at bay), maybe more "accessories" as STOCK items...Just look at the comparision between the Vision and the Ultra and ALL the stuff you have to ADD to the ULTRA....HD can do this and keep their bikes that the same cost point....The union labor doesn't drive the price up that high! Vics are AMERICAN made and they are building bikes iwth more for less....Look at the 2010 RG HD TOOK OFF cruise control now it's an OPTION, went with a 2 into 1 exhaust...WRONG DIRECTION, they should have thrown in the CB radio and called it a Road Glide Ultra instead of taking off stuff and calling it a Road Glide Custom

Just something to think about HD....

Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain

07 8ball -

I don't like the the look of the Vision and tourers (as I said, each to his own - I just think they are ugly). I DO like your 8-*****. Gorgeous looking bikes and from what you said, they perform.

I love my Ultra, you love your 8-ball. Would I buy one for a second bike - maybe, but I do like the fact that I can go anywhere in the US or Canada and get parts, find a dealer or get it worked on. Victory does have some powerful assets in Polaris (I live in MN, so can't say anything bad about the company) and if they give Harley a run, then its good for all of us. Believe me, if Harley sees sales going to Victory, they will do something. As far as models... Harley probably has more models than is good for them right now... a ton more than Victory. But, who on this Forum wants them to drop their model?

Oh well... I'm tired, going to bed - mind is no longer working as you can tell by this post. You guys have fun.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

badass bike dude

Old 12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

this has become a cool thread!

Look, I own a Harley. I love it! I ride it whenever I can (ice on the road now, tho ) But, in the parlance of our times, we're not exclusive. I also ride my KLR and my 38-year-old XS650.

If anything, this thread has encouraged me to look at Vics more closely. I'll never get rid of my Harley, but I just might have to add a Vic.

Of course, I am already committed to buying an '08 Monster this winter (already paid deposit).....but I do like the looks of that Vegas, and the Cross Roads.....

Hafta go ride one now, and that ain't a simple prospect from Montana.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
hammerlover
Novice
Talking

Originally Posted by will2002
Ya think that there might be a few posers working at the MOCO?
No, but I think they're is one about 20 miles outside of the Ft. Hood gate though..

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?