The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not calculating what the HD has and the Victory doesn't though. That makes your comparison kind of unfair. Plus some things you can't buy, like good taste. Looking at your sig pic, I'm left wondering why you like a bike shaped like a pig :

EDIT : Make that a Space pig, with spacey age plastichrome.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Voony
I'm done here. I love Harley period. You love Victory, period. Whatever you ride, ride hard!
Well, most of the guys here did buy a Harley. This is what we're talking about. Sales. Nitpicking aside, that's what it boils down to. Most of us would like Harley to be successfull. In order to do that you need to make products people want. Sometimes a little deviation from the status quo is in order. Some Harley guys would like something a little different than what is currently being produced. As I said earlier, most of the product line is up there in age, and while beautiful bikes, if ya already have one, what would make you want to buy a new one? Some of us see Victory as trying some new things and we think in the long run, those new ideas will translate into sales. I remember when the Evo powered bikes came out there were many guys that were vocally agant them. Heck, they didn't even leak oil! Look at the models that have generated interest in the recent past. The Deuce, the VROD, and now the XBones come to mind. While not all that radical, they were different than what was in the lineup and people BOUGHT them. Well, ok, the VROD was a little radical. I don't think most of us would want the whole lineup to be radical and different, but you can't run in place forever.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
The Deuce, the VROD, and now the XBones come to mind. While not all that radical, they were different than what was in the lineup and people BOUGHT them. Well, ok, the VROD was a little radical. I don't think most of us would want the whole lineup to be radical and different, but you can't run in place forever.
Look precisely at what the Deuce, VROD and XBones look like though... not ugly Victory spaceshippy type bikes. Old school especially comes to mind when looking at the XBones : Bobtail fender, springer front end, springed solo seat, pin stripping... etc...

Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joeschmoe
No, notice my signature line... I got both HD and Victory!!!
It was more of a general statement, not directed to you only

Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
Look precisely at what the Deuce, VROD and XBones look like though... not ugly Victory spaceshippy type bikes. Old school especially comes to mind when looking at the XBones : Bobtail fender, springer front end, springed solo seat, pin stripping... etc...
That!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
True, but they were new models that, at the time of their introduction, were different enough from what was in the lineup, that they caused a stir. Some people bought (or are buying) them. I don't think that Victory models should be emulated or anything, but maybe move in some new directions. From a customer standpoint, I don't see any models now that I would like to buy new. There are lots of nice used ones out there for good deals. That's the thing. Want a FatBoy? The're for sale everywhere. New models with different technology or styles stir the emotions. They might even make you part with some cash.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Voony
It was more of a general statement, not directed to you only
I thought you were done here.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

I thought you were done here.
Now I AM! RIGHT HERE!

Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

When I finally had the money 4 years ago to buy a Harley, I looked seriously at the Victory and Indian. The Victory was completely uncomfortable, and I didn't trust the Indian to stay in business. Harley has everything I want in a bike; don't need to be the fastest, been there done that.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

True, but they were new models that, at the time of their introduction, were different enough from what was in the lineup, that they caused a stir. Some people bought (or are buying) them. I don't think that Victory models should be emulated or anything, but maybe move in some new directions. From a customer standpoint, I don't see any models now that I would like to buy new. There are lots of nice used ones out there for good deals. That's the thing. Want a FatBoy? The're for sale everywhere. New models with different technology or styles stir the emotions. They might even make you part with some cash.
But there are new models. You've just said so yourself. The XBones, the Deuce, the VROD (which didn't quite part many people with their cash though...).

The Moco introduces new models every few years. Some are hits, some are misses. Look at the new Wide Glide and all the commotion it's stirring this year. Old name, new look.

So what exactly is it that HD should be doing that it's not doing already ? Water cooled tourrer ? Talk about beating a dead horse...

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?