The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:11 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
When Harley decided to name the sissy bar on the new Wide Glide an "Attitude bar"...........that screamed "artificial pretty-boy wanna-be bikes' to me Dixie.
I think a part of me died when I read that.
Harley had officialy become it's own cliché.

Say what you want, but some of the new Harleys scream some pretty odd things themselves
"Attitude bar?" Hadn't heard that one. Must be running out of marketing ideas. I wouldn't want anyone using the "attitude bar" to have too much attitude!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
"Attitude bar?" Hadn't heard that one. Must be running out of marketing ideas. I wouldn't want anyone using the "attitude bar" to have too much attitude!
as short as it is, it should have been called a "low alltitude" bar

Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

as short as it is, it should have been called a "low alltitude" bar
Still shakin' my head over that one. "Attitude bar." Can't stop sayin' it. I think I'm taking my "attitude bar" off!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
Ya think that there might be a few posers working at the MOCO?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master

Originally Posted by will2002
Ya think that there might be a few posers working at the MOCO?
Nah..... Well, maybe.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:26 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually an interesting thread.

Don't see too many Victorys in my neck of the woods, but there is a guy at the gym who rides one. And, he's real happy with it. Went from an FXD to it. (Don't know the model, but it is a 100ci.)

Victory/Polaris doesn't have the dealer network or the after-market to *really* compete with HD. And building a dealer network isn't a cheap or quick fix. But they seem to have major markets covered and are managing their growth well in this economy.

For a lot of reasons, HD should take them seriously, and others. The whole Harley brand/image will have declining value in the younger generations, unless they do something radical. Cosmetic "redesigns" can't continue to sustain the model line.

(funny....Ducati seems able to make air-cooled twins that put out more power than HD twins.)

And if Victory continues to offer more power....

Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, a lot better looking than anything Harley makes at the moment
I personally disagree with that statement. The bike you showed us I find it ugly. Doesn't have any soul....looks like it's made in Japan with low quality materials. Looks like a toy!

Sorry I am loyal to HD even tho I don't own one yet

Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joeschmoe
Guys you all must be cleaning a different Victory than the one I own...EVERY PIECE of CHROME is METAL on my Victory Vision. EVERY Victory I have seen has METAL CHROME...So I don't know what you all are talking about...The newer models (06 and up) have an awesome power plant and a STOCK motor has 92 HP and 102 Ftlbs of torque...
Yes they need a LITTLE tweaking but they are a SUPERB motorcycles and I would like to run against you TomT from red light to red light....My Vision would leave you sitting. Apparantely some of you have NOT RIDDEN a Victory as you say it feels like you are sitting on top...I disagree the Road Glide that I previously owned felt like you were sitting on top and on top of FURNACE at that. The Victory's sit you down in the saddle and just makes for a great day or longer ride!!!!

I agree with Schumacher, the Cross Roads in BLACK is on my list to own I just need a BIGGER garage.

To each there own but Harley needs to wake up or like said above they will go the way of GM or Chrysler....And yes Victory is MORE AMERICAN made than Harley with more power, more bling, for LESS MONEY!
Victory's bikes are more expensive than many HD. There are no bikes under $10.000 afaik.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:03 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
Victory's bikes are more expensive than many HD. There are no bikes under $10.000 afaik.
I agree with you 100%...Victory does not offer an introductory motorcyle like the Sportster/Nightster....but they do have bikes that start at $14K and go from there...Thsi I think is also hurting Victory as they DO NOT offer a nice "low cost" bike for intropductory riders...

And before the FLAMIGN STARTS I am not saying people who ride Sportsters or Nightsters are ALL introductory riders...HELL CHECK MY SIG LINE!!! It's just the low cost HD below the $10K mark....

Old 12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They do have one cool thing, a retractable windshield, great idea maybe Harley will copy someones elses idea for a change and let them see how it feels.

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?