The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley v Victory?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the eight ball series but their touring models make me want to go jet skiing.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:06 AM
dtone72rss
Cruiser

I own an 07 sb and love it. I have also risen the victory hammer, all I can say is wow.... Awesome bike, if I was rich I would own it as a second bike.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
bbeavers
Advanced

I seriously consider the Victory Cross Country. But after comparing the limited availability of accessories and cost, I decided to go with the Street Glide. There are nearly no aftermarket accessories for the Cross Country. You have to go with Victory accessories and by the time you add all that cost it's not that far off the Street Glide. That's without considering the low resale value on Victory's. My son just sold a 1 yr old Victory Jackpot for about half of the new cost.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They just look too much like spaceships for my tastes, but I'm sure it's a good motorcycle. I'd like to see more American bikes on the market.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:30 AM
OBIE1
Advanced

I aways wanted a Harley. First bike too many years ago was a customized Triumph Trident. A number of metrics since then. Decided this was the year with kids grown up to start touring with the better half. I went back and forth between the Ultra Glide Limited and the Victory Vision , for two-up touring comfort. I had no interest in the Goldwing. Two weeks ago, I brought home a new 2011 Victory Vision and I could not be happier. The looks of the bike grow on you and are subjective. People either love it or hate it, and many who dislike it, eventually come to like it.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 AM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by OBIE1
I aways wanted a Harley. First bike too many years ago was a customized Triumph Trident. A number of metrics since then. Decided this was the year with kids grown up to start touring with the better half. I went back and forth between the Ultra Glide Limited and the Victory Vision , for two-up touring comfort. I had no interest in the Goldwing. Two weeks ago, I brought home a new 2011 Victory Vision and I could not be happier. The looks of the bike grow on you and are subjective. People either love it or hate it, and many who dislike it, eventually come to like it.
I saw a couple of Vision police bikes and they are growing on me. If I was in a market for a new bagger, I'd probably get a Victory. I hope someday they become more popular and more INDY shops work on them.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=851&bih=440

Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM
cldiver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sat on a Vegas 8 ball and loved it. It was so comfortable. I crunched the numbers and could afford one but balked when I looked at the number of dealers in my area (Nova Scotia, Can). There is only one dealer here and 2 in new Brunswick. It made me think about a breakdown a long way from a dealer. Harley repair shops seem to be everywhere.

The only other thing I didn't like was that big honking motor. I guess I just like bikes in the 1100 - 1300 cc size.

I watched a vid on youtube and there were some really odd noises when the guy was downshifting but everything i read says they redid the tranny to mostly correct that this year.

Beautiful bike and I think they are probably good machines.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 AM
oasysco
Advanced

Originally Posted by REVL33
after the runaround i got from an hd dealer yesterday made me want seriously consider an eight ball .
Don't do drugs and never in response to poor customer service at a HD dealer!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:38 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nova Scotia! YEA TRAILER PARK BOYS!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
REVL33
Tourer

Originally Posted by oasysco
Don't do drugs and never in response to poor customer service at a HD dealer!
well i never was into drugs but i bought the victory anyway , had second thoughts after i bought it but after the first hour on that bike my decision was firm i made the right choice that was the best bike i have ridden hands down , unfortunately i went down on the freeway and totaled the bike thanks to the a- hole that decided to dump oil all over the freeway .

and by the way the harley customer service was bad just about all my dealers wanted to bend me over hard they wanted 3-5 thousand over msrp for a s/b or superglide no thanks , i got my victory from arlen ness with 5 yr warranty srvt chubby apes internal wiring, risers, black ness retro cam and primary cover with a bad *** pin stripe job for 13,172 otd!!!!

Last edited by REVL33; 06-09-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Harley v Victory?