The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC membership

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E. Flasso Hornman
Let's see...you give up everything...job, relationships, friends, family and then give up a year or more of your life to prospect, get patched in and then the money starts rolling in with all the methamphetamine, prostitution, and extortion/protection rackets you'll be part of. If you go to jail and don't squeal your bike will be parked safely for you. Sound like a good deal?

Or were you talking about joining a Riding Club?
All club are not the same with their dues. I would also say not all clubs are not like the above. As I have said before there are many different types of clubs out there and just because you are in a club doesnt mean your a 1%. I get alot of good info from this website but in my opionio when you ask anything about a club most people in here blow it up or are really negative. But even with the smaller clubs there is still alot to do with being in a club like madotory runs, local charity runs and stuff like that so it can be time consuming.

Last edited by jackinthebox; 11-30-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:42 PM
trippy57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the OP is a: New to the world of Motorcycles, b: Is abit concerned with the amount of "dues" required to be in this "club", as it may cause a financial hardship with the payment to the MOCO for the new ride, and c: (no disrespect intended) hasn't gotta fuggin clue about what being in a MC is or means.........might I suggest talking with your "club" of choice about your concerns? Remember, club business is and should always remain, club business. Talk to your sponsor. He knows you're new to the bike world. (Which makes me wonder why they would consider you for a member, but I digress). If you are questioning your OWN choice, it ain't for you. 'Nuff said.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking about 60.00 a week. That pays for two bottle of decent single malt scotch and should about cover you. Yes ? No ?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Sarcasm! That was sarcasm. I guess you know ALL about me better than I do don't you? I might have been in the life more years than you've been alive. I might not. I dunno. I don't know much about you either.

Oh...and E. Flasso Hornman...that's an assumed name. Don't want you to be confused over what you read..
ha ha ha ha! Sarcasm! NSCoyote used Sarcasm! Oh my!

You crack me up Hornman.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Fletch19
Advanced

Well finding out everyone's opinion has been very insightful. There are some of us that may have been watching too much television though. LOL

Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see...you give up everything...job, relationships, friends, family and then give up a year or more of your life to prospect, get patched in and then the money starts rolling in with all the methamphetamine, prostitution, and extortion/protection rackets you'll be part of. If you go to jail and don't squeal your bike will be parked safely for you. Sound like a good deal?

Or were you talking about joining a Riding Club?
Hey we ****ing go again....

Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Fletch19
Advanced

True, some do go overboard. We are not giving away club business guys. We all will place different values on things, respectfully speaking. I have noticed however, that even within membership you will find different opinions on this issue. I will not comment on 1% clubs for they are a whole different aspect of the community and have my utmost respect for they laid the groundwork for the community as a whole.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

some don't even have dues..

http://www.parkviewmotorcycleclub.com/

Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Whatever it costs, DO IT!!!

You will eventually get "patched in" and then you can go back to those boys who pushed you around in middle school and show them who you are now, dammit!

(I mean, if you're starting that journey by asking these questions on the internet under a pseudonym, I can't imagine why else you would consider it.)

Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 PM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I LOVE THIS TOPIC ABOUT M.C.!!! IT ALWAYS GETS EXCITING REVIEWS!!!

Quick Reply: MC membership