The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Food Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fast Food Restaurants

Just a quick little rant/observation:

Last nite, I stopped in at a Wendy's and wanted to order just a double cheese burger, with every condiment except mayo, and a glass of water. I make every effort not to eat fries, and I hold out on mayo for obvious reasons. I also watch my soda intake, b/c it isn't healthy either...

So you can see the pattern here, eh? I did not want to order a value menu/meal b/c they include a drink and fries, or your choice of a side item, at the discretion of a Fast Food Restaurant.

I looked at the menu pricing and in case I misunderstood the menu price board, I asked the attendant the following:

1. How much is just a Double Cheese Burger? Her response, "$5.09."

2. How much is a Value Meal #2 (Double Cheese Burger w/Fries & Soda? Her response, "$5.79."

3. So, for .70 lowly cents, I get fries and/or a side item, plus a drink for just .70 cents more? Her response, "Yep."

My thought (hiding my disgust), and looking at everyone else in line who was overweight/obese, to include the attendant, I surmised that we as a nation are overweight/obese b/c fast food restaurants push value meals, that only add useless calories, fat, sugar, carbs, and everything else that is a health hazard, just to put more money in their pockets. I would imagine the mark up on Soda and Fries is extremely high...

Is it just me, or do some of you see it as I do? Don't get me wrong, I luv sweets, soda, food just like everybody else, but dang, at least I make a concerted effort to not join the ranks of the overweight/obese.

Who is to blame? Is it us b/c we choose to buy value meals, or should the FDA look at this racket, and reduce the price of some food items, so that there is a larger disparity/price difference between a hamburger and a value meal...

B/R & Happy Thanksgiving,

BB

Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^ Sorry, meant to post Off Topic...

Old 11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

We're the fattest people on the face of the earth because it's cheaper to eat **** food rather than healthy food.

Did you see "Supersize Me" a few years back? That documentary made me never want to eat at McDonalds ever again.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Jon H
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout
We're the fattest people on the face of the earth because it's cheaper to eat **** food rather than healthy food.

Did you see "Supersize Me" a few years back? That documentary made me never want to eat at McDonalds ever again.
Ya, I saw it also.
Kinda makes me queasy just thinking about mcdonalds.
Wendy's is my choice, my two cents!
Jon

Old 11-25-2009, 01:22 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just be strong at the counter and don't look the person in the eye.. just look at the menu..just order what you want and count your change..throw that extra 70 cent in a H-D keepsake box and buy more bling..

Old 11-25-2009, 01:24 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stop shoving it into your pie hole, it's that easy.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
EZ48
Extreme HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 2 Posts

It's Obama's fault, or it's Bush's fault. I forget.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,187 Likes on 6,716 Posts

The Wendy's around here are notorious for screwing up even the simplest of orders. So you can order anything you want, but you will probably get a Whopper, Big Mac, and a slice of pizza from Dominoes.

I don't even want to think about it if they ever learn to speak English.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:44 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

What a country, the biggest killer of our poor people is obesity. People are free to choose what they want to eat, the goverment involvement in our lives is already overwhelming, what right do they have to tell you what to eat, as long as the food is safe go ahead and sell what you can.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:46 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

I can't remember the last time that I ate in any fast food dive-in. Won't waste my money at any of them. I would much rather eat a nice resturant. Get a better choice of food and not worry about sliding off the seat from the excess grease and other fluids. And yes, I spelled it right....dive-in.