The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great, these patches could get my azz kicked

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 02:18 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
Can I help it if he gave me an opening?I think not.
It was a good flaming. Here I thought I was being clever sayin' that I used to do his g/f. oh well, flame and be flamed, it doesn't get any better than that.

she is pretty hot though....

ps. sorry to go off on a tangent on the thread. ok, back on topic, patches....

Old 11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love reading this crap; “wear what you want and if anyone tells you different tell them to **** off.”

Anyone dishing out this kind of info or stupid enough to follow it will be weeded out soon enough.

Club members normally don’t travel alone and there are almost always a few prospects tagging along working towards full membership. Some dork with a 3 piece patch standing at the end of a bar is simply a target.

Clubs take their colors seriously whether you do or do not. Prospects follow orders, 3 or more on 1 does not make for an easy ride home IF they let you keep your bike and the use of all your limbs. All the tough guy talk in the world will not keep you safe and your lawyer buddy isn’t going to help you or impress them.

Those of you that are not familiar with 1%ers need to keep your middleclass opinions where they belong, in your neighbor’s garage or Starbucks.

I’m just saying – be safe out there.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

The only thing I have to add, from experience, is an encounter we had with a group of 3 prospects in a bar one night. These dudes were bikers, wearing the leather jackets, no patches, but were prospects, looking to make an impression on their club. They were drinking heavily, hitting on all the good looking women and talking tough and acting like real a-holes.

My buddy, worked his way through the crowd to get to the bar to order drink, turns out he ended up right beside a nice looking girl that these biker dudes were hitting on. He struck up a little trivial conversation while waiting for his drink. Well, these a-holes took offence and proceeded to beat the crap out of my buddy right there in the crowded bar. My buddy, "turtled", he was no match to stand up to three of them. The one leader dude of the three was on my buddies back pounding him in the back of his head. Well, my other buddy, who's a welder/fitter, and bit of a scrapper, has a lot of strength in his arms, saw this and wound up with everything he had and cold cocked the a-hole right in the nose. Said he could feel the buggers nose smash right under his fist. Blood everywhere, I might add. Anyway, my buddy turned and dissapeared into the crowd, the bouncers were all over these biker dudes, the first buddy, actually escaped by crawling out along the space beteen the bar and peoples feet. The three dudes were bounced out and took off.

So there you have it, an accolade for my buddy, pounded a biker prospect and won. haha.

Anyway, the moral is, these dudes are not rational in any way. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and give them an excuse they'll turn on you like a pack of dogs. So if you're not one of them, and you don't understand them, then best to just keep clear, mind your own business and don't get involved. As others have also mentioned.

So in my opinion, wearing a patch could be a big mistake.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
09flhtc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cockroach
it is pointless to explain the mc world to the vast majoirty of you on here. If you are not in a legitimate mc, you would never know how ignorant you are being when talking about patches. it is a different world that you do not live in. if you are in a d-bag LEO club, hog, or patriot guard you dont count.

A patch is earned, not bought. it is a symbol of your blood sweat and tears and your bond to your brothers. most of your will never understand that. I have been in the military. That is close, but not the bond club members have with one another. To wear a 3 piece patch (or any patch) that is not earned is disrespectful. To be in a LEO club is disrespectful beyond words.

Go ahead, flame away and call me names. Tell me that you can wear whatever you want. Tell me that I am ignorant and that you are free to be you etc etc. For the most part, you would be right, just realize what you are doing and how your fun may be very insulting to someone who has committed their life to a belief and a family of brothers. I would never wear a fake badge or marine uniform and pretend its real. I would never impersonate someone that I am persecuting and I would never buy my image. Enough from my soapbox. have at it.
+1:icon_go odpost:

Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
Well not every 3 Piece Patch prospect or member for that matter is a super bad ***. It just a matter of how far are you willing to go. I'm not risking my family or my life for a patch. Now I'm not talking about the HD patch from the OP I don't think any 1% club would give a ****, but wearing a SOA or a bottom rocker of home state with a MC and everything then telling them to **** of continually and still hang out near them.

Individually someone tells me to take something off or tell me what to do They can FO. but together well not worth it.

100% agree with this part. I don't think anyone will hound in the first place but as Toasted stated below.
Don't worry about it. Ride with em on you. If someone has issues tell them no problem I'll take em off... I didin't know.
Yeah he was gonna take the prez patch off .. He just didin't like the idea of these four young prospects telling him to do it, or they were gonna kick his ***..

They thought this was a ride club, no biggie.. Not realizing this big *** part Indian,. was a pagan for many years, also ran a bounty hunting business , and has had to take a life more than once (lost his bounty hunters license on the last one .. almost did time). Not someone for these early twenty something yr. old prospects to be F'n with. Of course they didn't know they were just doing what they were told. He tokld me he has called up the prez of that club and told him,.. I'm taking the patch off,.. but not because you sent your guys.. I was gonna do it anyway, just got pissed cause you sent these punks down here.

I imagine it's not over yet, some hard feelings between these guys now.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:37 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GrimmRider
Those of you that are not familiar with 1%ers need to keep your middleclass opinions where they belong, in your neighbor’s garage or Starbucks.

I’m just saying – be safe out there.
You say that like its a bad thing. I'd venture to guess that a lot of guys on here could care less about colors, cuts, MC's or 1%'rs. We have homes, wives, kids, good jobs and nice bikes that we bought to ride. We didn't get our bikes to become some bad *** that joins a MC or runs drugs or guns in our saddle bags. We ride when we can, ride with friends and go on about our lives. Most of us will never see a 1%'r or venture into a hangout where they are, unless of course they are hanging out at bike night at Quaker Steak and Lube. This whole "you don't understand the brotherhood of the patch" thing is something I really don't care to understand in the context of a MC. I was in the Marines, so I think I know a thing or two about brotherhood and watching my brothers back.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 PM
SauerKraut
Road Captain

These guys must have never been in a fight. Hey man I've never had an issue with my vest, but I don't wear a botttom rocker. It may be a good idea to talk to the local MC. Most of those guys are cool about it if you let em' know you mean no disrespect. I have to agree i don't think they'll have an issue with it. But on that note it hurts alot less to be told don't do it than to get kicked in the ***** or worse shot in an alley. The reason I know is that I'm working on a design for a customs patch and I'm talking to the local MC's to make sure it doesn't bear a likeness to any MC's colors. The guys here a pretty cool with non patch riders but I don't go flipping them off when they go by.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:58 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JimmySGC
You say that like its a bad thing. I'd venture to guess that a lot of guys on here could care less about colors, cuts, MC's or 1%'rs. We have homes, wives, kids, good jobs and nice bikes that we bought to ride. We didn't get our bikes to become some bad *** that joins a MC or runs drugs or guns in our saddle bags. We ride when we can, ride with friends and go on about our lives. Most of us will never see a 1%'r or venture into a hangout where they are, unless of course they are hanging out at bike night at Quaker Steak and Lube. This whole "you don't understand the brotherhood of the patch" thing is something I really don't care to understand in the context of a MC. I was in the Marines, so I think I know a thing or two about brotherhood and watching my brothers back.
True to that.

I was in the military for 24 years; I understand brotherhood as well as you. I see a lot of tough talk here on this sight and maybe a lot of you will never see a 1%er in your lifetime other than television, but they are real and there are a lot of them here in California. To send someone out with the idea that you can wear whatever you want and tell them to **** off if they don’t like it is just stupid. It might work in the mid-west, but not out here.

They are loyal to their club, brothers and colors; I have no issues with that. But if you don’t show respect around them you will feel the heat.

So if a fellow rider wonders if a patch will earn him a spot on the bottom of a boot stomping I’m all for telling him the truth – it just might. Obviously the guy has concerns or he wouldn’t be throwing it out there.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SauerKraut
The guys here a pretty cool with non patch riders but I don't go flipping them off when they go by.
Yeah don't pull that "Wild Hog" move. Although it was funny in the movie.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's comical to read people posting in romantic terms about motorcycle clubs. The term one percenter is just a cleaned up term for criminal. Call them what they are, don't pretend that they're some time honored group of merry men!!!

Quick Reply: Great, these patches could get my azz kicked