The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great, these patches could get my azz kicked

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Cockroach
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But this is america..... arent I free to wear whatever I want??? hahahahahahaha!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer

WOW!!! I just got done reading this entire thread! Interesting points made from both sides of the fence.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:50 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Originally Posted by Cockroach
thanks fellas, there are very few of us with this opinion on the forum. its amazing the amount of ignorant people that are on here

Exactly, not only on here but in the general public as well.

I went to an annual 81 party this last weekend. Everyone including all clubs and the peeps from the general public showed respect to each other. 400 bikes, no problems. Now, there were a few people wearing questionable attire (Sons of Anarchy crap) but the end result was nobody died, nobody was offended. Even learned more accurate history on my own club.. pretty cool stuff.

It was a good day..

Old 01-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Surtr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am speaking from experience, wear your patches ..... enjoy them just don't go around and think you are now wearing the superman cape.
MC's have bigger fish to fry & don't care about your HD patches

Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
ronnyvous1
6th Gear

I think that if there was ever an issue, at least at a social event (Swap meet, run, etc.) you may be spoken to about them. I don't think any MC is gonna get too revved up, although bottom rockers HAVE become an issue of sorts. Like a previous guy posted, they have a lot more to concern themselve with than you in a SOA costume.

Where a problem could occur is at a gin mill, especially on someone's home "turf", where someone with a little too much Jim Beam working might take exception to them. Right or wrong, if that situation arises, suck it up and take them off. I have seen guys get told to turn their support shirts inside out. Don't get an attitude, or try to debate the subject. Cover them, and as soon as gracefully possible, leave. If you argue, it's easy to see that as disrespect, and that cannot be ignored. Especially be attentive to Prospects, they feel they have a lot to prove and you might be perceived as an easy target.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary...

Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

Originally Posted by ronnyvous1
I think that if there was ever an issue, at least at a social event (Swap meet, run, etc.) you may be spoken to about them. I don't think any MC is gonna get too revved up, although bottom rockers HAVE become an issue of sorts. Like a previous guy posted, they have a lot more to concern themselve with than you in a SOA costume.

Where a problem could occur is at a gin mill, especially on someone's home "turf", where someone with a little too much Jim Beam working might take exception to them. Right or wrong, if that situation arises, suck it up and take them off. I have seen guys get told to turn their support shirts inside out. Don't get an attitude, or try to debate the subject. Cover them, and as soon as gracefully possible, leave. If you argue, it's easy to see that as disrespect, and that cannot be ignored. Especially be attentive to Prospects, they feel they have a lot to prove and you might be perceived as an easy target.

great post, you would be 100% correct!!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:40 AM
knights Templar
3rd Gear

My advice, buy two full auto Glock 18's [fully automatic and just have yourself a good ol' time.I wear my two patch "Kansas Militia" patches, around 1%ers all the time and have never been given any **** about it.And, I'm getting the center patches made up very soon.As long as it doesent say 1% or a territory on the botom rocker, you ought to be just fine.Can't live your life in fear Brother,it's too short.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by knights Templar
My advice, buy two full auto Glock 18's [fully automatic and just have yourself a good ol' time.I wear my two patch "Kansas Militia" patches, around 1%ers all the time and have never been given any **** about it.And, I'm getting the center patches made up very soon.As long as it doesent say 1% or a territory on the botom rocker, you ought to be just fine.Can't live your life in fear Brother,it's too short.
Yea but the only gun i own is the "Red Rider" bb gun my dad bought me when i was 10....

Old 01-22-2010, 03:40 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
Yea but the only gun i own is the "Red Rider" bb gun my dad bought me when i was 10....
Be careful, you'll shoot your eye out.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:06 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,381 Likes on 8,420 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnyvous1

Finally..........Someone gets it!! A mod needs to make this a sticky!!

Quick Reply: Great, these patches could get my azz kicked