The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great, these patches could get my azz kicked

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
I could call in the guys from the SOA thread!!
no no no.....don't do that bro

Old 12-03-2009, 12:03 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
I could call in the guys from the SOA thread!!
....Now Iam really confused.......................................J/K.......

Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
E. Flasso Hornman
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't make myself read every post in this thread but just wanted to say sometimes it's not just what the patch says... it's the colors used and the shape of the patch and rockers. Black and White. Red and White. Those colors are taken. Just don't go there. Nobody wants you mistaken for one of them by some near sighted witness at a distance when you're out there doing stupid things.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
E. Flasso Hornman
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrenthus
Who invented the 3 piece patch? I feel that if I were to put a 3 piece patch on a vest, it would be because I had seen MCs do so, not because I came up with it myself. I guess what I am saying is that yes, everyone has the right to wear what they want, but also that the MCs have a right to protect their intellectual property.

The only thing I have on my back is an airbrushed eagle and flag, and I wear that proudly because it was my dad's jacket, and he has given it to me.
I've heard that the 3 piece patch evolved when frustrated bikers cut up their AMA sanctioned motorcycle club 1 piece patches as a form of protest against AMA proscribed standards of Mom, apple pie, and the American way....

Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by E. Flasso Hornman
I've heard that the 3 piece patch evolved when frustrated bikers cut up their AMA sanctioned motorcycle club 1 piece patches as a form of protest against AMA proscribed standards of Mom, apple pie, and the American way....
exactly.
AMA clubs still have it all together (like my club's colors)

Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't make me call the Wild Hogs in here.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Cockroach
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E. Flasso Hornman
Yup. 3 piece is the top (1%ers, older clubs), 2 piece in the middle, 1 piece for AMA or family clubs. There are some exceptions like a newer club being one-piece trying to put the time in to go to 2 and 3 piece. Its basically about ranking and status. Other exceptions are the cop clubs that rock a 3-piece, but in the mc world they dont count as mcs or have any status whatsoever. (sorry to offend some of you but its the truth)

Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM
schumacher
Club Member

plus some ama clubs have gone to 2 piece after a few years of exsistance (see my pic).
It is strictly against our rules to have 3 on the back though, no matter if the 3rd is a Harley, hello kitty or whatever patch.

yanno cr, I've been hearing of some of the local orgs (you know....those play clubs) catching a lot of hell just for wearing a single piece.
Couple of girls I know are in an all female one, and I was told yesterday by one of my officers we need to becareful what we do with them.
Sounds like good advice.

Attached Thumbnails Great, these patches could get my azz kicked-picture-1918.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Cockroach
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
plus some ama clubs have gone to 2 piece after a few years of exsistance (see my pic).
It is strictly against our rules to have 3 on the back though, no matter if the 3rd is a Harley, hello kitty or whatever patch.

yanno cr, I've been hearing of some of the local orgs (you know....those play clubs) catching a lot of hell just for wearing a single piece.
Couple of girls I know are in an all female one, and I was told yesterday by one of my officers we need to becareful what we do with them.
Sounds like good advice.
I have seen some 1 piece clubs work to a 2 and even 3 piece. the one piece to two piece step i like. I think it shows that the club is legit and is worth its salt. Theres also nothing wrong with rocking a 1 piece if thats your thing.

As far as your local orgs go, I think everyone pretty much understands my position on them. I think its wise to stay as far away from those fools as possible. You know as well as I do amigo, that they dont play by the same rules. Nuthing but potential trouble for you and your crew.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:38 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by Cockroach

As far as your local orgs go, I think everyone pretty much understands my position on them. I think its wise to stay as far away from those fools as possible. You know as well as I do amigo, that they dont play by the same rules. Nuthing but potential trouble for you and your crew.
yeh...that's what I'm thinking as well

Quick Reply: Great, these patches could get my azz kicked