The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great, these patches could get my azz kicked

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 AM
*Paladin*
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have given almost 18 years of my life in service to my country to protect a way of life and constitution that says I have freedom of speech and expression. No one will infringe on that while I am still on two feet. Right now I'm wearing "colors" in a country where certain "clubs" would try to kill me for it. F them. And F anyone at home that would tell me I can't wear something. Respect is a two-way street...

Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by *Paladin*
Right now I'm wearing "colors" in a country where certain "clubs" would try to kill me for it.
hoorah

yeh, Like I said above, anyone who tell you not to wear a Harley Davidson patch needs to find something better to do.....

Old 11-23-2009, 06:42 AM
dumpsterj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if they are only 1% , why do they get so much say ? never seen bikers so worried about minority rights.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride with quite a few club members and I don't think you'll hear a peep from any of them other then they may think you're a "Wannabe bad azz".
Even then they'd probably let it slide.

Krusr

Last edited by krusr; 11-24-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:27 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09flhtc
ftp n u too!
You my friend are what I like to refer to as one of the "tools of my trade."
LOL. You are far too ignorant to hook my inner child.

PS - I thought you would be too busy beating up imaginary people outside of Starbucks to answer this thread???

Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Cockroach
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading the last few pages, I have decided to accept the fact that there are two types of posters on this forum. Those who live in the mc world (or know about it) and those who dont. I do not want to insult anyone's posts or opinions, but after reading all of them, I must say that I am disappointed in many people's lack of knowledge on this subject.

Yes, the OP may wear whatever he wants, yes no one on here should be afraid of someone taking their clothes off and beating them up, yes it may seem illogical for something to happen to you for wearing patches. Unfortunately there is a difference between SHOULD and IS. In a world based upon respect (or perceived respect) wearing a 3 piece patch is a direct slap in the face to many. A 3 piece patch takes a great deal of time and sacrifice to earn and should be worn with pride and respect. It is not something bought at the store and slapped on your back to look cool.

Is this a ridiculous statment? Maybe to some, but its the way it is in that world. I referenced before dressing like a cop or marine. Wearing a 3 piece patch without being in a club or without permission would equate to dressing like the Chief of Police or the Navy SEALS . I am not telling you what to do. I want to give an insight that you might be missing and just informing you as to what you are doing.

I have seen posers rock a 3 piece patch and have nothing happen, but they will never get respect which is huge (or should be) to any legitmate mc. I have also seen some not so good things to people that throw a 3 piece on that is not earned. It depends on who you happen to meet, what mood they are in, and how much disrespect they or may not perceive by you wearing your 3 piece patch on a leather vest.

The analogy I will use is that of a shark in the water. If you are swimming in the water, the shark probably wont bother you. But, if you swim on a surfboard and look like a seal then, you are creating the POTENTIAL for an incident. the shark may not attack you, but there is a greater chance than there would have been before by the way you look. This is what I am saying, you are creating the potential.

In the end, it is up to you what you do. Is it important to look cool, although you may not understand the meaning of what you are doing? Is it important to not create the potential for an incident? These are your choices to make as a man. They may not be easy, fair, logical, or "right". They are what they are. By putting that patch on, you step into another world.

Regards and Respect.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:10 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Well said Cockroach.

Respects, SgtMic

Old 11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cockroach
After reading the last few pages, I have decided to accept the fact that there are two types of posters on this forum. Those who live in the mc world (or know about it) and those who dont. I do not want to insult anyone's posts or opinions, but after reading all of them, I must say that I am disappointed in many people's lack of knowledge on this subject.

Yes, the OP may wear whatever he wants, yes no one on here should be afraid of someone taking their clothes off and beating them up, yes it may seem illogical for something to happen to you for wearing patches. Unfortunately there is a difference between SHOULD and IS. In a world based upon respect (or perceived respect) wearing a 3 piece patch is a direct slap in the face to many. A 3 piece patch takes a great deal of time and sacrifice to earn and should be worn with pride and respect. It is not something bought at the store and slapped on your back to look cool.

Is this a ridiculous statment? Maybe to some, but its the way it is in that world. I referenced before dressing like a cop or marine. Wearing a 3 piece patch without being in a club or without permission would equate to dressing like the Chief of Police or the Navy SEALS . I am not telling you what to do. I want to give an insight that you might be missing and just informing you as to what you are doing.

I have seen posers rock a 3 piece patch and have nothing happen, but they will never get respect which is huge (or should be) to any legitmate mc. I have also seen some not so good things to people that throw a 3 piece on that is not earned. It depends on who you happen to meet, what mood they are in, and how much disrespect they or may not perceive by you wearing your 3 piece patch on a leather vest.

The analogy I will use is that of a shark in the water. If you are swimming in the water, the shark probably wont bother you. But, if you swim on a surfboard and look like a seal then, you are creating the POTENTIAL for an incident. the shark may not attack you, but there is a greater chance than there would have been before by the way you look. This is what I am saying, you are creating the potential.

In the end, it is up to you what you do. Is it important to look cool, although you may not understand the meaning of what you are doing? Is it important to not create the potential for an incident? These are your choices to make as a man. They may not be easy, fair, logical, or "right". They are what they are. By putting that patch on, you step into another world.

Regards and Respect.
****! Your telling me there are sharks in the ocean that might mistake me for a seal?? Son of a B*tch that surf instructor didn't say anything about that.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

"I like water"

Old 11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
thirdruffian1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
Or the 1%er I watched in traffic during this summer in cincy thumping on an old womans car whom he thought was too close behind him at a stop light. She was about a half car link back.

See? we can talk about all sorts of things
OK, I'll bite.
I cannot imagine something like you described happening around here. Before a subordinate club gets approval to operate, they understand the requirement to act professional ALL THE TIME. One idiot acting as you describe paints everyone wearing a patch with the same brush..... the "punk" brush. We're pretty big on professionalism around here, and if I see another patch holder acting out in that manner and I don't take care of it, then somebody is liable to light MY *** up. We are "self policing" around here (for lack of a better term), and aware that we are under a microscope at all times. Patches naturally draw attention... so does stupid assed punk behavior. Most of us are veterans, and in some way equate the patch to a uniform of sorts. Just as we were expected to maintain our military bearing while in uniform, there is a certain standard expected while wearing the patch.
This isn't to say that we are boy scouts all of the time. That's why we have clubhouses of our own, and our own preferred drinking establishments where we can "let our hair down".
Diamonds don't come cheap. Sounds like the guy you saw was wearing a Cubic Zirconia.

Quick Reply: Great, these patches could get my azz kicked