The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the True Track car today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009 | 07:03 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by anubisss
I was on the way to my office to drop some checks, and lo and behold there is a Chevy Suburban decorated with the name True Track extremely large. I was too far behind at first to be sure it was the same True-Track, but when I hit a red light I split to the front and sure enough it was. Gave the nice lady a wave and off I went.
1. Were you on your bike? If you answer yes,

a. did traveling near the suburban make your bike track straighter?

b. make no noticable difference?

c. if you answewred yes to (a.) would?

1. a trip to So Cal be worth the ride to get near the suburban?

2. be a waste of my time?

2. If you answer no to # 1, I'll quit packing for the trip.

Old 11-15-2009 | 12:46 AM
Auckland
Tourer

WTH is true track?

Edit: I googled it and found out. I dont think I will ever need it. I read this in the faq section. Who rides 100mph without using their hands.
Q: Will True-Track™ cure ALL of the handling problems in a Harley Davidson® Dresser?
A: NO and YES. The dressers have a 26 degree rake which prevents them from ever having hands off steering at speeds over 100 miles per hour.

Last edited by Auckland; 11-15-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2009 | 01:31 AM
flavo.dave
Intermediate

Novice rider here. Was uncomfortable over 60 mph due to the drifting sensation at higher speeds on the recently purchased 2000 Road King. Replaced the tires with new Dunlops and had the alignment adjusted which helped. But the freeway speeds still did not feel 100% comfortable. It actually felt as if I still did not have total control of the bike.

For me this wagging sensation was a safety concern as drifting increased over 60. So I was not going any faster than 60 - 65. In my opinion, those who do not flow with traffic are hazardous to themselves and others. I felt as if I was a hazard in freeway traffic. Therefore, I installed the Progressive Suspension Touring Link - $156 on eBay. What a dramatic improvement in high-speed (over 60) handling. Was comfortably crusing @ 75 yesterday but decided to shutdown early due to rain and darkness. Can’t wait for a nice day to get back on the freeway and also see what has improved in the twisties and long sweepers. Nothing quite as exciting for a newbe as cross winds and a wagging rear-end in a long sweeper.

Old 11-15-2009 | 01:36 AM
flavo.dave
Intermediate
Talking

Originally Posted by flavo.dave
Novice rider here. Was uncomfortable over 60 mph due to the drifting sensation at higher speeds on the recently purchased 2000 Road King. Replaced the tires with new Dunlops and had the alignment adjusted which helped. But the freeway speeds still did not feel 100% comfortable. It actually felt as if I still did not have total control of the bike.

For me this wagging sensation was a safety concern as drifting increased over 60. So I was not going any faster than 60 - 65. In my opinion, those who do not flow with traffic are hazardous to themselves and others. I felt as if I was a hazard in freeway traffic. Therefore, I installed the Progressive Suspension Touring Link - $156 on eBay. What a dramatic improvement in high-speed (over 60) handling. Was comfortably crusing @ 75 yesterday but decided to shutdown early due to rain and darkness. Can’t wait for a nice day to get back on the freeway and also see what has improved in the twisties and long sweepers. Nothing quite as exciting for a newbe as cross winds and a wagging rear-end in a long sweeper.
Sorry for the post didn't notice it was a BS thread until it was too late. OOPS! Well actually, anyone who spends 200+ more than I did to have reduced ground clearance should stay on the BS thread.

Last edited by flavo.dave; 11-15-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-18-2009 | 09:55 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

I saw the true track car again! Imagine that. I think they are stalking me.

Old 11-19-2009 | 01:15 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

Old 11-19-2009 | 05:35 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

I got a pic today as I saw it again. I'll load it later.