The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is RoosterBoots a Real Biker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is RoosterBoots a Real Biker?

The hip was feelin' a bit better this morning so I decided to take Stray Dog down to the Union Post Office and send out my dad's birthday gift (two days late). First, though, the dogs had to go outside to contemplate nature.

Brisk! Mid-40's is downright cold in Mississippi. We're used to walkin' down to the mailbox in our skivvies until February, when winter starts.

Well, I had decided to go, so after the dogs wiped their feet I threw on some jeans, a sweatshirt, and a hunting jacket and fired up the scoot. Here's what I learned:

1. Legs get cold real fast. Leather would feel soooo goooood...if I had any.
2. Bottom lip gets cold next. I remember seeing face warmers at Walmart!
3. Blustery winds are not at all fun. I'll need enough clothing to take my mind off my misery and put my attention where it belongs...on the road!
4. The bike show tomorrow should be decimated by the cold weather! I could probably win best of show with a Flexible Flyer.

So, the question is: Am I a real biker 'cause I ride in the winter, or do I ride in the winter 'cause I'm a real biker? Or does it simply make me another wannabe 'cause I've only ridden thru six winters when everyone knows the cutoff is ten before you're a Real Biker. Or do you have to ride in blowing snow on The Dragon?

This is all so confusing.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I give up!

Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Judging by this whole forum I think people think your a real biker if you ride on the dragon all the time.. That's all I ever read about, dragon this and dragon that. I've never been on it and probably will never be in those neck of the woods. And I'm sure I be flamed for making fun of it then. Does that make me not a real biker??? I'm just a dude who takes the bike everyday I can. I only don't when it's pouring outside and when I need to do laundry or grocery shop. That's it.
The dragon is just a road, a little more dangerous than most but there are roads like it everywhere..
I guess what I'm ranting at is the fact that everyone thinks riding the dragon makes you a biker

Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang Roo, I've been teeling everyone that would listen I met a 'real' biker in Union, Missipp. Now you're not sure? Are you trying to make me out as a liar?

Now I know Ms Ron ain't gonna be happy with this tidbit of info.

I guess we'll continue posing as rubs.......

ps It was colder there than here. Mid 50's this a.m.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,346 Likes on 8,410 Posts

Here's one of them "real bikers" at the Dragon. Wave to the camera!!

Attached Thumbnails Is RoosterBoots a Real Biker?-dropdown.jpg  

Last edited by JW1200; 10-16-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Greenfed
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HMMM.. The definition of a real biker? Who qualifies who as a real biker? Do you get a badge or a sticker for your bike? My two is that if you have the tea bags or gonads to go out in any weather condition and ride among idots in 4 wheeled cages.. then that makes you a real biker..... Congrats on being a real biker Roosterboots!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Here's one of them "real bikers" at the Dragon. Wave to the camera!!

That's going to leave a mark.

I'd say he was a real biker.................... before he fell off.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

Golly, guys...y'all are making ol' Roo get all misty-eyed. But I gotta set ya straight on somethin'. I haven't had the hip replaced yet...that's not 'til next month. It's just got a teeny tiny piece that broke off and gets in the way if I try to do stuff. Short rides is OK (thank you Lortab).

I'll be thinkin' 'bout all my fans out there when I kneel down and get stuck in that position saying The Old Biker's Prayer....(and it goes a little like this...ahem!)....

"Lord, when it comes my turn to die, I pray that you let me die with an Old Biker's dignity, the way you did for my grandpappy - peacefully and in his sleep...not screamin' and carryin' on like his passenger kept doin'."

Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Roosterboots

"Lord, when it comes my turn to die, I pray that you let me die with an Old Biker's dignity, the way you did for my grandpappy - peacefully and in his sleep...not screamin' and carryin' on like his passenger kept doin'."

Amen.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:41 PM
TexasCowGrower
Cruiser

Methinks it's the hunting jacket that embodies the true designation of "real biker".

As for the DragonSlider in the pic...isn't it a tad early in the curve for the fellow to be abandoning ship?

Quick Reply: Is RoosterBoots a Real Biker?