The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asszless Chaps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:07 PM
nm156
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asszless Chaps?

I intend on riding as much as I can this winter just as I did last winter. I really like the idea of chaps cuz you could take em off (take it easy, I aint like that!) when your not riding but I here allot of riders prefer leather pants.

Anyway, I'm looking for a consensus and recommendation on a brand for chaps unless I get a good enough reason to go for pants.

Thanx in advance for your help!

Jeff

Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I can see where leather pants might be warmer in very cold weather. But, chaps allow you to remove them when you get to a destination and not look like a throwback from the 1950's Elvis impersonators. There are literally hundreds of choices out there. Google motorcycle apparel and you can spend ours looking at them. Some ranging in cost of 50.00 up to 150.00 or more.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:39 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Something else you mght want to consider is hard leather leggings, I have em and they block more wind than chaps. In the winter I have long underwear, jeans and the leggings. They offer more protection, especally the knees than chaps. Either way your azz is exposed.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM
woodworking1
Road Master

Personally, I am looking for a good pair of leather pants. My "junk" gets cold when I wear my chaps and I don't give a chit what anyone else thinks about how I look! I saw a guy with a pair of leather bib overalls earlier this year. They were pretty cool!
BTW whatever kind or style of chaps you go with, make sure they are not split leather. This is when they take the hide and slice it in two by thickness creating two hides 1/2 as thick.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

You can get leather pants with side zippers and snaps on the legs that are much easier and quicker to take on and off than chaps. The pair I have is from Joe Rocket, and my lady's are from Leatherup.com. Hers have belt loops...I use suspenders on mine as the velcro adjustors have worn out. Just buy them one size bigger than your jeans and slip them on over.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Leather-C...aps/41326.html

Why have your crotch in the cold air, or your butt sliding down the asphalt unprotected?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by woodworking1
Personally, I am looking for a good pair of leather pants. My "junk" gets cold when I wear my chaps and I don't give a chit what anyone else thinks about how I look! I saw a guy with a pair of leather bib overalls earlier this year. They were pretty cool!
BTW whatever kind or style of chaps you go with, make sure they are not split leather. This is when they take the hide and slice it in two by thickness creating two hides 1/2 as thick.
StoneLakeLeatherworks makes some heavy bibs. Here's a google link with others a lot cheaper!

http://www.google.com/search?q=Leath...rlz=1I7GGLD_en

Old 09-27-2009, 04:15 PM
sixareborn
Advanced

i believe they also make leather overpants, just like chaps you take on and off pretty easy...as stated above, leatherup.com and bikersden.com

Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Then theres also the new heavy duty manmade material,NYLON> POLYESTER MIX thats HEATED< to consider.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
toby61
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Try these guys, good quality, good customer service and very friendly.

www.hudsonleather.com

Quick Reply: Asszless Chaps?