The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fingerless gloves

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:58 PM
ultra cool
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've actually seen guys walking around in bike gear get into cars and leave. Posers..........[/quote]

that's too funny!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 06:05 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrot
Just a curiosity question here.
Ive read a lot of negative stuff towards fingerless gloves here. What is the deal with fingerless gloves ? Anything like a 'good buddy' on the CB, or what ?
Can you say,"VILLAGE PEOPLE"?

Old 08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
TexasCowGrower
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to wear fingerless gloves with gel inserts in the palms when I rode a bicycle as a roadie. They are fine when the speed of the potential accident is slow enough that you can keep your palm down and fingertips up. I wouldn't give wearing them a second thought on the highway on my REAL bike since I slid on my face and hands for about a hundred yards after a dink ran a stop sign one day on my way home from work. The deerskin Z Leathers gloves barely wore through the finger tips and palms but my hands and fingers were spared injury.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

------------

Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gloves without fingers seem to infuriate fashion queens who wish to set fashion trend to fit their idea of what a biker looks like. Good thing I got more then one pair of different types of gloves to fit the weather. Increases my chances of dressing right. Fashion queens the ultimate follow me posers.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Not this crap again. Who the f**k cares! Wear what you want, ride what you want & everyone else grow some *****. This place is like a nursery sometimes. OK, carry on.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Stone1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have repeated this in another post when someone was commenting about fingerless gloves. I have Vitiligo (loss of pigmet in skin?), which is really showing up on my hands as I get older. I wear fingerless gloves when it is hot and when I'm off the bike I take the gloves off, it would seem funny to me walking around with them on but realistically I would be better off leaving them on as they would work better than sun block.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 PM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, if you search, you'll find this topic come up again and again:Second, to hell with what the idiotic "fashion police" says! Wear what you choose. Ride what you choose. Live how you choose. It's nobody else's business. If someone has a problem with what you wear, THEY'RE the one with the problem!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:46 PM
PurpleHaze
Banned

I wear insulated gloves when its cold.No gloves for me when its warm enough to ride without them.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:51 PM
dusk883
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1953riderforlife

Now all that said, when I get off the bike, I leave everything there. I don't wear my dewrag, my gloves, chaps, etc. I've actually seen guys walking around in bike gear get into cars and leave. Posers..........
Classic!!

Quick Reply: Fingerless gloves