The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy Crap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Holy Crap!

I realized this morning I have put 12,000 miles on my bike since May! Happened to be looking at the paperwork that I got when I purchased the bike and saw the mileage on it when I got it, and got curious and looked at my odometer. No wonder I cant get anything done around the house lol! To beat all, theres still a few more months of good riding weather to be had. Wonder how many miles I rack up by the time old man winter makes me park her for a while? Will I even park it? LOL!

That being said, any other bike I have owned never got more than a few thousand miles per season. The honda magna (yeah I know, go ahead but we all had to start somewhere right?) I had never hit 10,000 miles, and I had it for two years! My 74 Kawasaki Z-1 900 only got 2,000 miles on it since I got it, but that may be because its a collectible and I am afraid of tearing it up.
Ohh the addiction of a Harley! I know that most of you could care less, but I think its pretty neat how my riding mentality has changed since I got the Heritage. Its pretty funny how clean and shiny the Heritage is, and how thick the dust has gotten on the other bikes in my shop.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
NewMexRider
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like fun, I only log about 3.5k mi a year. I am assuming you are not retired, you must ride a lot on the weekends again, sounds like fun.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

I doubt that you actually put that many miles on your bike, CoolBreeze. I got a Heritage, too, and lately I figger it's been sneakin' out at night and goin' ridin' all by itself. The odo sez I got 2K on it since July 4th, and I KNOW that it hasn't all been me.

Of course, one time I did let Miz Roo take her around the block. Now all she can talk about is getting her own Heritage. "Roo," she harps, "when're you gonna get a second job and buy me my own Heritage?" "Roo, when are you gonna sell your Sportie and buy me a Heritage?" "Roo, when're you gonna give me that Heritage?"

Heritage, Heritage, Heritage...that's all the woman ever talks about any more. Saaaay, you don't suppose Miz Roo is sneakin' out on me at night, too, do ya?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
I doubt that you actually put that many miles on your bike, CoolBreeze. I got a Heritage, too, and lately I figger it's been sneakin' out at night and goin' ridin' all by itself. The odo sez I got 2K on it since July 4th, and I KNOW that it hasn't all been me.

Of course, one time I did let Miz Roo take her around the block. Now all she can talk about is getting her own Heritage. "Roo," she harps, "when're you gonna get a second job and buy me my own Heritage?" "Roo, when are you gonna sell your Sportie and buy me a Heritage?" "Roo, when're you gonna give me that Heritage?"

Heritage, Heritage, Heritage...that's all the woman ever talks about any more. Saaaay, you don't suppose Miz Roo is sneakin' out on me at night, too, do ya?
Yup, since you haven't bought her her Heritage yet. Watch out for the mashed potatoes, they like to sneak the sleeping pills into em.

I bet you feel sleepy right after dinner and go to bed early.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Juno
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you better change the oil now.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:45 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice,

Old 08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
captharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing how the miles roll up when you're having fun. Just rolled up 12,000 on 09 ultra in 10 months. Hard to believe !!

Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
NewMexRider
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Roosterboots

Your kiling me Roo good thing it is my last week, I won't be wasting company time reading these threads, thanks for helping pass the time.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Coolbreeze
Road Master

You may be on to something there. My wife insisted a few months ago to teach her how to ride! I guess I need to resort to the old hair strand on the tire technique! As a matter of fact, I work so much, she has plenty of time to sneak it out when I'm not riding it to work. LOL!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Plasteredcat
Road Master

I am glad my wife does not know were the keys are..

Quick Reply: Holy Crap!