The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you buy your biker stripes, or earn it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 04:37 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I earned it, by building a bike from the ground up and all the "fun" that comes with a bike that needs constant attention. I also set up my DYNA the way I wanted it, and I do my own maintenance.

That said, to me a biker is something that you have in your heart. Tattoos etc., don't mean squat. It's a mental thing. I can go on a 50 mile ride and enjoy it more than someone who rides 300.....Every ride is different, and special.

I just like to ride my bike.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 08-14-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:47 PM
NFFN
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyphilis
Now, hell I'm just a 31 year old kid that loves all motorcycles and
I was expecting you to be like 85

Old 08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Dr_Scoot
Tourer

Stripes?? Naa, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM
osu_cowboy
Novice

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Ah damn, I was so hoping for some pointers.....Maybe you could talk to the mods here and do it online.

That's actually a great idea. But in order to keep it fair I would need to figure out how to "grade" the students and have some sort of certificate or diploma upon sucessful completion. That would be hard to do online. In person you could do it like the MSF course and have live riding tests. Maybe the students could send a video of their riding to be graded. I think that the top riders would earn their biker diploma. Maybe even a decal or patch to put on their bike or jacket. Kind of like the sons of anarchy patch but the top would say Biker Graduate and the bottom could be their state or city. Not sure what to put in between them, maybe a cool simple design or something with barb wire or devil horns. I'd have to think about that but I have some ideas. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hopped on my scoot several hours ago. went for a short ride in the country. Thought I had a plan for the ride, but lo and behold I ended up on some road that decided to become a 2 track. Several hours later and a stop at 2 pump fuel station at a cross roads in the middle of nowhere,for directions I found my way back on the road i was looking for.(The stop was well worth it as the cashier was HOT!. Then rode some twisty roads back home. Nice way to kool of on a hot day. The point of this story...there is none, after all this IS the bullshit section.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:30 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes you posted in the wrong section............The Softail section is only to tell people of all the new things you bought for your bike.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rodnock
I hopped on my scoot several hours ago. went for a short ride in the country. Thought I had a plan for the ride, but lo and behold I ended up on some road that decided to become a 2 track. Several hours later and a stop at 2 pump fuel station at a cross roads in the middle of nowhere,for directions I found my way back on the road i was looking for.(The stop was well worth it as the cashier was HOT!. Then rode some twisty roads back home. Nice way to kool of on a hot day. The point of this story...there is none, after all this IS the bullshit section.

You're out there wasting all that time riding when you could be on here debating if you are a biker or not?
hmmmm....

Old 08-14-2009, 11:19 PM
ryeguy7
6th Gear

Wow you are 31 and you would have considered yourself a "biker" 10-15 years ago? Buddy you are confusing biker with kid. At 16 I am sure you were no "biker" It amazes me that you consider a biker someone with an unreliable bike that needs fixing on the side of the road all of the time, that's a mechanic with a crappy bike. I am pretty sure everyone became a biker the same way, by going out and buy one. If anything you become a biker by riding one not fixing one.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:28 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts
Default lol

Originally Posted by HD7585
Yes you posted in the wrong section............The Softail section is only to tell people of all the new things you bought for your bike.
lol

Top 3 post in the Softail section

1. Look at the new (whatever) I installed.

2. Will a 200mm tire fit my TC88?

3. Do I really need to do anything with the fuel injection on my TC96?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 AM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

31! Yer still wet behind the ears kid. Ya write a half decent novel though....maybe yer a writer instead of a biker.

Quick Reply: Did you buy your biker stripes, or earn it?