The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it that posers, RUBs and squids .......

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Why is it that posers, RUBs and squids .......

Suddenly become bikers after an accident?
Has anyone else noticed that when an accident involving a motorcycle is posted on this (and other) sites, the operator is almost always referred to as a biker?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's if you get back on after the hit, then you are a biker imho.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM
thomaskray
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What else would they be called? Driver? Biker is a noun. Not a necessarily a bestowed "title."

Simply means a person who rides.

Last edited by thomaskray; 08-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by piasspj
Suddenly become bikers after an accident?
Has anyone else noticed that when an accident involving a motorcycle is posted on this (and other) sites, the operator is almost always referred to as a biker?

why is it the news often refers to those who ride mountain bikes as bikers?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Dutch110
Tourer

This is what you have to do in order to become a REAL biker

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08997989707181

Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it that biker wannabes feel so threatened by anyone on two wheels who don't ride the same brand, wear the same clothes, ride as long or as tough, or live the same way, that they feel they have to label them "posers" or "RUBs" or "squids"?

If they're riding on two wheels, they're a biker. I don't give a rat's *** what someone else rides, what they wear, how they pay for their scoot, how often or how far they ride or what kind of weather they ride in, or what color underwear they wear (if any at all)!

I ride for ME! I don't care what others think about me, my bike or my lifestyle. I mind my own business and expect others to do the same. The OP sounds like, "Mommy! Mommy! They called Tommy a biker and they didn't call ME one! Waaaaahhhhh!"

Old 08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Mr Haus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by austinharley
Why is it that biker wannabes feel so threatened by anyone on two wheels who don't ride the same brand, wear the same clothes, ride as long or as tough, or live the same way, that they feel they have to label them "posers" or "RUBs" or "squids"?

If they're riding on two wheels, they're a biker. I don't give a rat's *** what someone else rides, what they wear, how they pay for their scoot, how often or how far they ride or what kind of weather they ride in, or what color underwear they wear (if any at all)!

I ride for ME! I don't care what others think about me, my bike or my lifestyle. I mind my own business and expect others to do the same. The OP sounds like, "Mommy! Mommy! They called Tommy a biker and they didn't call ME one! Waaaaahhhhh!"
I agree... why do people get so hung up on what other people do? Why can't they just get their asses on their bikes... ride... and STFU!?

Last edited by Mr Haus; 08-13-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: goofed up
Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM
thomaskray
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dutch110
This is what you have to do in order to become a REAL biker

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08997989707181
that is funny right there.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

wow...sounds like you're getting a little hot there for someone who minds their own business....just an observation.....I happen to agree with you but....wow

Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I agree with you entirely. After rereading my post it does read like that but I don't know how to phrase the question differently.

BTW, I have been down (Ambulance, emergency room, recovery etc.) and got back on. I have ridden many styles and makes of bikes.
I ride, but would prefer not to be refered to as a biker, rub, squid, poser.
I certainly hope that if I am ever fatally injured in an accident I am remembered as many things and not as a Biker.

EDIT: Especially if that video post is true

Last edited by piasspj; 08-13-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Why is it that posers, RUBs and squids .......