The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to be treated like a king @ the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone in the vancouver BC area..go to Trev Deeley's and ask for Tracy Adams in service....you get that royal treatment all the time you're in there and you don't need to come up with any of the garbage to get it either

Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
anyone in the vancouver BC area..go to Trev Deeley's and ask for Tracy Adams in service....you get that royal treatment all the time you're in there and you don't need to come up with any of the garbage to get it either

yeah like I am gonna ride all the way up there just for minor service work. besides this is the B.S forum.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ToastedGoat
yeah like I am gonna ride all the way up there just for minor service work. besides this is the B.S forum.

wow...how rediculous can some people be?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
wow...how rediculous can some people be?
lighten up ..man , just having fun.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

lighten up ..man , just having fun.
Which of the beautiful Worth dealerships were you in?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Phlsphyguy
Advanced

hahah yesterday I figured out how to get treated like a king @ the Harley dealership.

I was taking the Street Bob in for some service work (usually they have so what attitude) While on my way in a beautiful Road Glide was sitting out front. important point here : I made the statement "I am gonna trade my Street Bob off for a touring model" ding ding ding :Their eyes lit up, and the smiles got bigger all at once. While waiting for my service work to be done. I was shown all the new and used bikes. Coffee and donuts was fetched for me. Everyone (sales and service staff too) came buy talking to me about how great the Road Glide was and I couldn't go wrong if I purchased one of them.

Well I mentioned my Street Bob' shocks weren't set exactly right. They had the mechanic take me back into the service area and work with him on getting the shocks adjusted just right. I even got a 50% off on a helmet lock ( I had mentioned my helmet was stolen last Saturday night).

So If you want the royal treatment ,, Tell them you are gonna trade your bike in on a new touring model even if you already have one. Their eyes get glazed over and they start stepping and fetching.
How does the saying go? "money talks...BS walks?" After buying two bikes in three months and a tractor trailor load of accessories, I can't even get the saleman to say hello to me when I am standing right next to him. Why is it so difficult to get good service anywhere? Love your story, though..I am going to try that next time just for fun.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

I usually have a stack of 100 dollar bills that I fan out and wave them while walking around

Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Great advice. I'm hopefully beginning the hunt for a new Ultra this weekend. Unfortunately I'm not financing so I guess no donuts for me.

Besides, retired LE so they have a very negative connotation in my eyes.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by crashin
Which of the beautiful Worth dealerships were you in?
north store ...Which really hasn't been all that bad to me. I was just posting this cause it was funny the way the were treating me when I told em I was gonna trade-in on a new bike.

hey I live in Independence Mo too. come on out tonight if you can to Tonahill's South . My band B.O.G. (bodies of godz)
is playing there.. We have a great bike night with prizes and 50/50 raffle. Old school and new riders all getting along , very friendly atmosphere. Plus ride- in drink specials.

Sorry for the spam

Last edited by ToastedGoat; 08-13-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Missed the bar last night. I have a friend that needed my assistance and it took longer than I thought it was going to.

I believe my wife and I will be riding Miles for Medals tomorrow. Starts at Gail's Harley Davidson around 8AM

Quick Reply: How to be treated like a king @ the dealership