The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick your Damn Feet Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM
rockDAWG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
And I hate it when I see people chewing gum and riding at the same time. Why cant they just pay attemtion to riding. Now, passengers, it dont doesnt bother me too much if they chew, I think.
Damn.... I better stop drinking my early morning Starbucks coffee while riding.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

when i launch i have my feet drag near the back till i get to the shift point then i change my possitions... on my rockets i tend to drag my feet a bit before going back on the pegs as well... most of my chops and bobs i dont drag though just cause it is not comfortable to not have your feet on the pegs... i get the "your feet are not kick stands", "is this your first time", "that is dangerous" blah blah blah... that is how i ride, i used to do it when i had my rockets to get an idea what the surface of the ground was like so when i was about to take off i knew how the bike would hook up and what RPM i could drop at... guess it just stuck... on my HD i do it cause it looks cool ha ha ha

Last edited by JRK5892; 07-22-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
chunks
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I'm not talking just a few feet while the bike gets started. This guy I spotted today kept his feet dragging through the entire length of the intersection. Honestly at what point do you have to get comfortable enough with your speed to feel confident enough to put your feet on the foot pegs or floor boards where they belong?
Sometimes I leave my feet hanging because I freakin feel like it.
Confidence and speed have nothing to do with it.

I think a bigger issue is people spouting off dumb-*** opinions about things that dont affect them at all and are therefore none of their business.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Blueflame1
Tourer
Smile

Is it OK to wear fingerless socks? I guess that would Toeless Socks? That just doesnt sound right though.

Now, that is FUNNY !!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Badlarry
6th Gear
Default Feet up

I couldn't more agree. Whenever I see a rider keep their feet down after they have got rolling, it spells insecurity to me. Not good. There are some people who just don't belong on two wheels.

Badlarry

Old 07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dragging feet, duck walking....bla bla bla bla bla. I've been doing it for 30 years, and I've never gone down, never hurt myself, never had anyone tell me not to do it, and I plan on doing it for the rest of my riding career...so there

I'll tell ya what drives me to posting something stupid on the forum - People that don't post about azzless chaps, fingerless gloves, mounting the bike from the wrong side, where to put the gas cap, how to stop backsplash, bla bla bla! THAT will just make me post something about the best stilettos to wear while doing a wheelie on a bagger....that there needs discussion, I'll tell ya!!

(This thread is draggin me down!!)

Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 AM
chunks
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Badlarry
Whenever I see a rider keep their feet down after they have got rolling, it spells insecurity to me. Not good.

Badlarry, huh?

Dont quit your day job, Badlarry.

Your understanding of human psychology is worth
exactly what you just offered. 2 cents.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree about foot dragger's looking insecure plus they really can't catch a rolling heavy bike in loose gravel even if they have their feet dragging. I always thought new riders or insecure riders did it for the extra feel of balance. There are a lot of riders out there that look insecure and unstable when they ride. We also get judged by other riders on our skills all the time. Watch the crowd when someone is parking or lifting a bike off of the kickstand. I laughed at myself for making a mental comment about someone walking their bike across the parking lot with their feet while sitting in the saddle. Wondered if they named their bike Fido because they are definitely walking the dog. I really don't give a crap what anybody else does as far as riding but I will laugh out loud or too myself over stupid crap. People are a constant source of amusement. Just thoughts on the op and some of the defensive post in this thread.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang!! Had your coffee yet?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,056 Likes on 631 Posts

Quick Reply: Pick your Damn Feet Up!